Click for Walker Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Furuno

Yachts Priced To Sell

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by DON GREER, May 26, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DON GREER

DON GREER Member

My port is Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
    The US economy, such as it is, where are the best deals on yachts for sale, particularly in the 70 to 80 foot range……? I have been looking all year but not there yet.

Cheers…….keep it real.
  2. C4ENG

C4ENG Senior Member

With the Euro going so strong, every one wants to sell there yacht to those who are in possesion of the Euro. A $10 mill yacht cost 5 mill Euro...
  3. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

A quick scan on YachtWorld indicates that of the 521 powerboats for sale in the US, 70 to 80 ft., 269 of them are in Florida.
  4. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Hi Don:

Pick a broker and let him/her go to work for you. If there is a screamin' deal out there, chances are, it won't last long.
    An 80 Lazzara across the dock from me at the MIA show sold at a 25% discount to the asking price. Another 80-footer sold for a similar reduction.

Finding the deal takes legwork.
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The exchange rate is not that high.......yet!
  6. Don't buy an elevator just because it is marked down. The best deal is the yacht that fits your needs, for size, space, style, use and more.
    Reason does not have a lot to do with buying a yacht,(or being a broker!) you have to walk on board and fall in love. Some yacht may be many dollars less, but if it is not the right yacht for you, have you made a good deal?
  7. DON GREER

DON GREER Member

My port is Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
    Still Looking

Thanks for the feed-back.

I have a particular yacht in mind. I am hoping that either it or one similar comes on the market within a reasonable price range.

I know very well the difference between built cost and market cost, having been in manufacturing all of my life. When the market softens the two numbers tend to become closer.

Over the past 35 years in boating I have come to really appreciate what I want and what works overall in a yacht. The seventy foot range is to keep it large enough for supplies, comfort, toys and other necessities. Boating in the north-west presents different criteria than the warmer southern waters.

In any case if anybody comes across a private deal in the 70-80 foot range I may be interested.

Cheers………..