Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander

Yachts in Valencia for the Grand-Prix

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Steven H, Jun 25, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Steven H

Steven H New Member

Not long after the Monaco F1 Grand-Prix is another street-circuit for the Spanish GP in Valencia. As most of you will know, Valencia also has a nice harbor that typically fills up with nice yachts of the rich and famous to attend the Spanish GP. On the below pic, you can see a nice shot of the marina Harbor, probable the trained eye's around here will find a few familiar ones out there.

[​IMG]
  2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Just watching Qualie now and am very surprised how few boats are there. It's a great facility but a bit of a dull track to watch at. Bit of a shame as I like Valencia.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Same question here, why is Valencia so empty? Same last year...

Nice track (although a little industrial), yet empty harbor

Have they priced slips as high as monaco not realizing it will never be Monaco?
  4. GrahamF

GrahamF Senior Member

Pascal

The prices were not that high. A friend of mine is on a 30 meter and if i am correct they paid 3000 euros for 5 days at zone 2(that is where BMW, Shosholoza, +39 and Alinghi bases are)
    Valencia is not the nicest place, it is a very industrial city. 13 years ago you wouldn't dare to walk around at night as you would have been mugged. Valencia changed big time when all the Americas money got pumped in and the government spent 100 of millions on upgrading the city. I am based here in Winter and the marinas are much cheaper but yet there are no boats. There was a 80 meter here and when they broke into the boat. The boat left the next day. The boat was on the t-dock with security. The problem is during the day any Tom, Dick and Harry can walk in and come and look at the boats. Saturdays and Sundays you would think you are at the boat show. Several bikes were stolen from boats. The boat i am on was also broken into and several others. S/Y Adix had several things stolen and that was in the main marina (Real Club Nautico.) Valencia is not a bad place to be based in the winter but the government needs to change their attitude to the Yachting industry and the marinas need to beef up security.