Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Northern Lights

YACHT FIRE: Lurssen Floating Dry Dock - 146M Project SASSI

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by German Yachting, Sep 14, 2018.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

The drydock can be repaired which is good news for Lürssens' schedule of future projects. I am wondering if they will scrap Sassi in that dock or move her to another dock at the B&V facility. According to one source, some parts like the engine room might be unimpaired after all.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

That would be up to the insurance company's to sell as salvage. Nobody in their mind would could sell the equipment as new. Lurrssen will require the hull be destroyed.
  3. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Sassi was moved out of the damaged swimming dock, however both still remain in the drydock at Lürssen in Hamburg. The yacht is still wrapped in scafoldings and makes me wonder, if the investigation for the cause of the fire is still going on.
    They seem busy with the repair of the dock and new parts for the roof arrived. It could possibly return to Lürssen in Bremen soon.
    You can find photos on Dr Duu's IG page.
  4. ELEMEENOOPEE

ELEMEENOOPEE Senior Member

The dock is now on its way back to Bremen!
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Outstanding turn around time. It's a valuable part of the yard and glad their getting it back quickly.
  6. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

So I am guessing they are going to scrap Sassi? If so it's sad we didn't get to see this one come to full.