Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Burger Privacy Matters

Woodies & Classic Yachts

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by alloyed2sea, Aug 26, 2004.

1. oheka

oheka New Member

Carin II actually still exists, I believe she is up for sale somewhere in egypt. Her story until now is quite bizzare

She was confiscated by the british authorities in 1945, and was supposedly used as a private pleasure yacht by the one of the royals. The widow of Hermann Goering then fought a law case demanding the boat back, which she actually won!

She sold "Carin II" to, at that time, german top-journalist Gerd Heidemann, who blundered the Hitler dairys scandal, probably because he was completely obsessed with nazi memorablia. On occasions he was seen walking around with a revolver, which the same guy who forged the dairys sold him for more than 100.000 USD as being the original revolver of Joseph Goebbels.

When the scandal broke, Heidemann had to sell the yacht. She was used for tourist dive trips in the Red Sea and deteriorated fast.

Attached Files:

2. x_shadow666_x

x_shadow666_x New Member

aww the pic of crashed acajou just breaks my heart... I MISS IT SOO MUCH i even remember wen i was a kid i used to b scared of the flush sound on this boat !!!
  3. x_shadow666_x

x_shadow666_x New Member

acajou is simply beautiful
  4. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Don't believe the old saying "wood & water don't mix"... wood is good! Add your favorite here...!
  5. orion

orion Senior Member

6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

That car towing that boat.... :eek: Talk about a match made in heaven!
    [​IMG]
  7. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

Attached Files: