Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights

Where is "Octopussy" ???

Discussion in 'Millennium Yacht' started by MedRascal, Jun 15, 2005.

1. MedRascal

MedRascal Senior Member

Does anyone know where the 42m Diaship-Heesen built "Octopussy" that back in 1988 was the world's fastest private motor yacht at 53.17 kts?

I was reading an article on Staluppi's new yacht "The World Is Not Enough" and when they mentioned the old "Octopussy" I remembered it hasn't been seen here in the Med since long time.

Does anyone know where she is currently cruising, Carribeans probably...? :confused:
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Both Octopussy and Moonraker are located in South Florida. Moonraker is docked in Delray beach at a small marina along the intracoastal and Octopussy is located just north of there, along the intracoastal in Lantana/Lake Worth at a private residence. The last time I saw either one of them was a couple of months ago, so they may have moved now.
  3. MedRascal

MedRascal Senior Member

"Moonraker" was seen here in Monaco during Summer 2004.

As for "Octopussy", she was almost a resident of South France during the past years when she spent summer cruising the Med. Long time no see.... :)

Does anyone have any "updated" photos of her as she is today? She had a major refit at Codecasa's Shipyard some years ago which totally chaged her stern and interiors but always kept her beautiful and unique inspite of its "1988" design!
  4. Morley630

Morley630 New Member

octopussy sighting

Was driving down A1A north of boynton beach,fl and saw the yacht docked on the intercoastal. Looks like it was still in very good condition.
  5. dwruddock

dwruddock New Member

octopussy sighted again

I just saw Octopussy near Boca Raton and Delray Beach along the intercoastal docked on the east side of the waterway in front of a private residence. The boat looks great and is well cared for. Blue, white and maybe some tan/beige in the trim. I should have stopped to take a photo but it suprised me and there wasn't really any place to pull over that was not private property.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Moonraker had a sister "Victoria Won" which was home ported in Ft. Lauderdale. Is she still about?
  7. DomPizza

DomPizza New Member

Octopussy

Octopussy is sitting right outside my condo here at Port Lucaya Marina in Freeport, Bahamas :)
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I saw Moonraker about 2 weeks ago at Sampson Cay, Exumas, Bahamas. She looked to be in very good condition and being enjoyed by her owner's or guests.
  9. DomPizza

DomPizza New Member

I feel blessed to be able to sit in my living room or on my deck and watch them all come in and out here in Lucaya.

I'll report as I see all the interesting ones!

Domenic