Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for Westport

Welcome Delta Powerboats!

Discussion in 'Delta Powerboats' started by YachtForums, Oct 16, 2012.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I never do this, but I'm making an exception. When a new builder joins YF, I put their banners into rotation, but I don't announce it.

Today, I'm proud to say Delta Powerboats in Sweden has joined YF. WHY is this significant? Well, because they build a great boat! But also because YF's very own Lars Modin (aka: AMG) is the designer.

Delta Powerboats builds a line of extremely popular commuters in Sweden and they are about to take the world by storm, making their debut at the 2012 Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show with a 26' open (the perfect tender) and their largest launch-to-date, the Delta 54', a boat I sea trialed in Monaco. In 2013, the Delta 80' will launch and if it comes remotely close to the quality and performance I witnessed with the D-54, it's a boat that should top a buyer's short list. (image attached for reference)

If you see a Delta banner, visit their website and learn more. Congratulations Lars!

***​

Attached Files:

2. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Welcome indeed. Fantastic looking vessels.
  3. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Saw the ad few minutes back and gladly clicked it. Very nice line-up from a great designer. Well done and best of luck.

Cheers.
  4. RER

RER Senior Member

I'm a big fan of Lars' work. In my opinion the perfect blend of ultra modern style while retaining traditional marine practicality. The results are cutting edge designs that still actually look like boats! I think the whole line is a knockout.

BTW... Is it just me or does anybody else see a little bit of the '66 Mercury Park Lane Breezeway in the 54IPS!

Attached Files:

5. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Cheers Lars. Nice to see you in the rotation. It's also been quite a delight to watch (and learn) these boats develop over the past few years from ideas, to drawings, to engineering, to a mold, etc. etc. and now on to FLIBS.

Congratulations on the success and glad to see your support here at YF.

Persistence is a remarkable trait.
  6. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Congratulations!!!
  7. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Hi Lars,

I read that in the next motor boat and yachting there will be a special on the Delta powerboats.

Seems there is a lot of interest.

Good luck.
  8. sebisebman

sebisebman New Member

I hope that motorboat and yachting publishes a Video-Review. Would be a nice to have a non swedish-spoken Video-Review.
  9. Berean

Berean Senior Member

Congrats Lars!
  10. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

The side-view of the rendering almost makes it look like a cat.
    Would that be a future option Lars?

Are you coming to the Show...?

First beer on me.;)
  11. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks all! Many of you have seen this venture almost from the start 10 years ago. We started out from two existing hulls, 25 and 32 feet, and when we were ready for a 40 footer I began to do all of the design myself.

The fact we are now building the 54 and soon an 80-footer makes it necessary to market the boats to a wider audience and I can not think of a better place than YachtForums to be seen! :)

Norseman, I would have loved a cold one at FLIBS, but I can not go there this year. You are right that the straight bow makes the boat look like a cat, but it should more resemble my vintage 1931 Racer...

/Lars

Attached Files:

12. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Oh well, you can always send the Swedish Bikini Team instead and I will be happy to buy 'em a beer and show 'em around...:D
  13. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Congratulations Lars as well! I hope the upcoming review of the 80 takes place in warmer climes than the 54 review.:D I got cold just looking at the pictures of that review. However, the 80 bow looks like it might be handy for ice-breaking so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.:D
  14. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Delta AT FLIBS 2012

Delta Powerboats has an absolutely incredible location at the show!

deltaloc.JPG

deltaa1a.JPG

They will be at the South end of "B" Dock in slips 240 and 241.

Slip 240 is one of the very few slips at the show that has unfettered access to the Intracoastal which means they can easily come and go for demo rides!!!! ;)

This location is right across from the Jungle Queen's berth and the main drag past the show, Seabreeze Blvd aka A1A, so Delta will be getting lots of exposure from the street and from JQ passengers in addition to the sport fishing boats docked along the same canal.

As show locations go, other than the Face Dock, it does not get much better than this!!!!

And most important of all the closest Cocktail Barge is only 3 docks away!!!!!!
  15. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thanks Carelm and I hope Disco is right, we had another location close to the Designers tent, but because the D54 arrival will be in the last minute we got this slip where you can get in without problems. And as you say, we can probably go out for a demo as well..:)
  16. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Lars,
    Congrats! I like the look; low and sleek profile, something apart from the standard hulls we often see.
    Let me know if you need any photos of her while in Ft Lauderdale.
  17. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Congratulations, Lars!
    :)
  18. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Thank you both, I hope a lot of people can get onboard to see the 54 as well. It would be interesting to get some reactions on the interior design.

And Tom, I always need running shots, but I guess the weather will postpone all joyrides until after the show.
  19. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Nice coverphoto on the new mby magazine of dec 2012!!!
  20. sebisebman

sebisebman New Member