Click for Mag Bay Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights

WallyPower 60

Discussion in 'Wally Yacht' started by Yacht News, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The first unit or vessel of the Wally Power 60 series has been sold according to the power and sail yacht giant, Wally yachts. The Power 60 is basically a smaller version to the Wally 70.

Wally dubs it as the transition between the Wally Tender and the larger yachts of the Wally models. The vessel is available in three options for personal comfort, so all you do is choose which one you like and that is it.. off course there will be more room for personalization.

Speed wise, the 60 will not be and louse. She will be able to attain a top speed of 43 knots with a range of 300nm. Two MTU diesels give her a power of 2500hp utilizing the ever popular KaMeWa Water Jets. She will be built at the Fano Italy yard and has a scheduled lauch date of April 2008.
    For more, revert to the Wally yachts website at:
    http://www.*********/jumpCh.asp?idChannel=26&idNews=491&idLang=IT&attivo=9&idUser=0

For computer Generated Images see here:
    http://www.*********/jumpch.asp?idChannel=176&idUser=0&attivo=2-3
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I like the greenhouse on this one way better than that of the 70.

I have to ask though.... are my eyes deceiving me, or is the crew cabin that tiny little nook in the bow that is only accessible through an overhead hatch? :eek:
  3. Ben

Ben Senior Member

Nice. Those layouts look almost normal. Wally is in danger of becoming main stream.:D
    How much water do you think would come over the stern if you were parked in choppy seas(genuine question, not rhetoical)?

Wally has improved the 70 just recently Kevin.
  4. Ben

Ben Senior Member

Having a look at at the 60's shape from above I noticed that she looked quite triangular, after checking her beam I found she is 42cm wider than the 70. Intersting.

Also, Wally stated the 70's top speed as being 40kts but after testing said the figures were 47.5 at half load and 45 at full load, so I wonder if the 60's top speed will be closer to 50kts than the 43 they have writen.
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Here is a computer generation of the new WallyPower 64 in a coloured version from the Wally website.

apr08_01_pop.jpg

http://www.*********
  6. YFreader

YFreader New Member

just found some pic's of the 64 Wallypower

LINK

Thomas
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  7. lurker

lurker New Member

Thank you so much for the link. The wally 64 is a beautiful boat. I would love to see some interior shots though.