Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Burger

Wally Land Ahoy!!

Discussion in 'Wally Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Even though a concept, she sure is a vessel of interest. What am i talking about? The vessel in contention is the Wally Island. This is something new from the desingers at Wally. A floating patch of Island is what you can best descibe the vessel. It is said that she is sustainable by herself. The Wally Island has a design similar to that of an Expedition Yacht.

It seems that the yacht is very versatile by having everything that you could think of that is a land base activity. At the proposed size of 325 feet, she will have enough room to entertain many. An Enormous Pool on th Foredeck ensures relaxation especially when the humidity rises. A Floating Island is not an understatement. For Pics you can visit the Wally website...http://www.*********/jumpCh.asp?idUser=0&idChannel=123&idLang=undefined&idProd=69&attivo=4&txtStartRecord=2
  2. Yacht News

Wally Island

Now Wally has the official array of pics and drawings and arrangements for the Wally Island Concept. They can be found in the same general area on the website in the 'Wally Projects.' With an array of scroll across pics at the bottom, you can have your time well spent engrossing yourself in this concept. Here is the link again..http://www.*********/jumpCh.asp?idUser=0&idChannel=172&idLang=IT&attivo=4
  3. Yacht News

There is a much more extensive write-up that Wally has released on the Wally Islad concept yacht. You can view it at this link...http://www.*********/jumpCh.asp?idChannel=26&idNews=475&idLang=IT&attivo=9&idUser=0
  4. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I have to admit, it looks very cool without the trees onboard. :D
  5. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Can't get this picture out of my mind. Wally Island entering New Zealand waters after visiting, errr, Guam. Agricultural inspector coming aboard and having a nice shady seat under a palm tree and failing to note all the plants and trees...... Couple of head of cattle just grazing on deck.
  6. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

..... :D
  7. tartanski

tartanski Member

Mega Terrace on the sea

When I saw the Wally Island I thought hmmm shame there is no terrace on the sea concept here like the 70m. So I thought what if you push the Super Structure forward to make my favourite style of explorer yacht, i.e. long the lines of the Supply vessels/ AXE bow vessels.

Here is what I knocked up, abviously the Super structure would be the same if not very similar. Just to have the working/leisure space behind the Super structure out of the wind, and to have a large terrace on the sea like the 70m Wally power. I also imagine a huge hall under the main deck with large opening windows on the trapezoid sections just fwd of the terrace. Perfect for parties events etc. etc....

Attached Files:

8. lurker

lurker New Member

I like the idea look wise. But what about tender storage, where will the Wally Tender go now?

If anything I would do to the Wally Island concept. I would ditch the sailboat at stern. Extend the aft deck from the superstrcture from the owner's deck that will double as a heli landing area. A heli garage below that deck to slot it in between the two Wally Tender. This allows all of the "traffic" to be aft of the superstructure and all activities at bow deck will be less affected.
  9. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Uh Oh

Well while were at it why not convert it to an FPSO or oil tanker. I've seen some that are prettier. I agree with the alteration you would make Lurker but.. JEEsh.. I just can't stop thinking about it. Silly question.. where's the sail:rolleyes:
  10. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

11. Angelus

Angelus New Member

Uh OH

Already been there sir. Wont be visiting there site again in the near future.. Uhh! being too harsh here. Its not so bad. But my point was , why is the Wally Island in the sail section.. :rolleyes:
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

13. lurker

lurker New Member

No... Lurssen just started to make some amazing sailboats. The Eos.. Oh the Eos...
  14. tartanski

tartanski Member

open minds?

well if you had actually read the post, you woudl have seen that the super structure was to stay exactly the same as the original Wally Island only moved forward to make room for the terrace in the sea. However I accept that at least half of us must be unimagineative and uncreative to compensate for the rest of us.

and if anyof you knew anythign about naval architecture the obvious place the tenders woud move to is forward (that is in front of ) the wheelhouse (that is the big blob where the man 'drives' the boat.

Yours a very cynical,

David

(After all it only a conceptual change to the layout you should all get that).
  15. lurker

lurker New Member

Why get so pissed off? I don't think anyone here attacked your design or idea. I don't think you have enough room for 2 Wally tenders in front of your superstructure. Let alone the other stuff that the original concept carries.

If you like the Terrace At Sea idea, great. Personally I am not a fan of it, but your design does look really good. Nobody said that they hated it. Take it easy man.