Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Delta

Turning base for final...

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForums, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Me too...Flying glass now, but if I had the choice....:rolleyes:
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

That thing would fit in perfectly at Norman's Cay!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. travler

travler Senior Member

norsman i just got back to ballard and see they named a boat after you i will try to take a picture and send it

nice to be warm travler
  4. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

It better be a good looking boat...:D

Yup, but it was never used to haul dope. After a Goverment carieer it has been hauling fish in Alaska for "Winky's Flying Circus".

The picture was taken a month or two after I brought the DC-3 back from Alaska, (October 1986) not sure what happened to it since. Found the pic on the internet searching the tail-number. Depsite the looks it was a good airplane, it had 1,350 HP engines versus the "normal" 1,200 HP on other -3s.
    The windshield vipers did not work, landing in rain at a dirstrip in Alaska because the beach was fogged in, I tried to stick my head out the side window to see, not a good idea, rain hits you hard at 85 knots.:(
  5. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

The other way...

Going the other way from the "sacred six" round gauges, I heard of the "thrilling three": a tree, cat, and duck. The tree replaces the compass (since moss is always found on the north side), the cat the artificial horizon (since they always land straight up), and the duck the instruments (if you're IFR and need to land, throw it out the window and follow it, it will guide you in...) :D
  6. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

[​IMG]