Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service

Trinity Yachts: "Mine Games"

Discussion in 'Trinity Yacht' started by Yacht News, May 23, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The sub has been there on the platform everysince they got it! What I have not understood is how do they launch and retrieve it? The Aft sun-deck crane has the reach and capacity for that? or is there a crane hidden in the platform? Has anyone seen the sub being launched and retrieved?
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Marmot is correct in post #15
  3. Mike448

Mike448 Member

I know the Captain and am pretty sure there are some serious tie down points - he has been in this business for a long time and is an experienced seaman. I guess that when the pics were taken they had merely tied it up temporarily while washing. I think you will find there are some pretty hefty eye bolts that screw into some of those pads in the deck.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The Eye Bolts can be as big and heavy as you like, the real strength in the whole system is how the Stainless Bits they screw into are secured.

I have seen some that were routed in and secured with screws and Sikaflex ( like 5200), I have seen others that were made to screw through the deck material and into a retaining nut the same diameter as the fitting o.d. visible from above deck, I know for sure which ones I would rely on in heavy weather with a big chunk of gear like that attached to them.
  5. djart

djart New Member

Link of Mind Games hitting the dock the sub appears to be covered and on the dock. From the hit to the Dock it would appear that the tie downs work very well! Looks like the wind got the best of the captain!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkqOQ5GGKI
  6. Yacht News

The yachts' name is "Mine Games" and this vid has been posted a few times on YF since the incident:) Welcome aboard!
  7. Yacht News

The Trinity "Mine Games" has had her asking price reduced. She is now asking 31.35-Million USD.
  8. Yacht News

The new 60-meter "Mine Games"

Pictures of a model of the new "Mine Games" are on the Trinity website in the underconstruction section. Interestingly, the model features a tan coloured hull!
  9. Yacht News

10. Justus

Justus Guest

The Captain became better since his docking in Ais marina
    in Split :D
    do you know which video I mean?
  11. Yacht News

We have seen tha video a few times already in this thread. That view is from the aft starboard side, here is a view from the aft port side of the same incident.

Hard Docking HD - YouTube
  12. wscott52

wscott52 Senior Member

Look again. I'm not sure it's the same video but both are taken from the same location. It looks like the video you just posted has the frames reversed. The yacht they almost hit has moved from the port side to the starboard side. Also same pony tail girl moving right to left in front of the camera after they hit the dock moves by the camera in the second video going left to right. Weird.
  13. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Nice catch. That is indeed the case along with a decrease of video quality.
  14. Yacht News

15. wscott52

wscott52 Senior Member