Click for Northern Lights Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay

Tiara 42 across the Atlantic....?

Discussion in 'Tiara Yacht' started by Norseman, Jun 9, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959 Member

Are you nuts?????
  2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Calm down and get yer blood pressure back under control inspector..
    The question was whether it is doable, or feasible.
    In other words, gathering information from folks with experience
    on this kind of boat.

As far as trying to bill myself as informed, creditable experienced captain:
    Not sure where ya got that from..:D
  3. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

No Tiara experience at all, that is why I am asking questions.

Sounds like a good candidate for a delivery....;)
  4. sagharborskip

sagharborskip Senior Member

@Norseman

Sorry, but getting a little over excited is an unpleasant trait my wife keeps reminding me about...

The 42' Tiara is a small enough boat you could have shipped over as cargo for a lot less than what dockwise would charge you for "yacht transport".

Shipping it would add no hours to engines, no pounding to hull, no stress to owner/captain, fully insured (which it might/might not be on its own bottom), etc.

To do it on its own bottom would just be to tempt fate and risk the loss of more than just the boat.
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Hey Norseman,
    When I read your post I certainly thought you lost it. But to answer the questions above:
    Doable - Yes, especially with the cockpit and forward cabin full of bladder bags of diesel fuel.
    Feasable - Not on your life. I did some deliveries on a 43 Tiara up/down the US east coast and although a very capable yacht for the ocean, I did almost turn it into a submarine once or twice dealing with 6 or so footers off the coast of NJ. Knowing that you could deal with larger seas than that in the open ocean (not quite those on Deadliest Catch but who knows) I would have to tell you to pass.
    I like the Tiara 42-43. Solid with strong shoulders, and if you have some good iron under the hood, a safe boat. Ship her over, you (and us) will have peace of mind.
  6. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Nah, just looking for info. Never advocated or recommended that anybody sets out on a foolish journey. Guess some guys was reading too much into the question. (Not suggestion)

Yeah, that was pretty much the idea after the first few responses but the thread stayed alive and some folks may stay with the impression this is in the planning stages..It is not.

I am pretty sure I know what responses Colombus got when he started talking about his crossing:
    :D
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

It's really easy actually. Remove the props and find a megayacht to tow it over there. hehehhe