Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Westport

Steven Speilberg's "Seven Seas" by Oceanco Yachts

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by colintraveller, May 6, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Wow, these are by far the most detailed shots of "Seven Seas'" mast I have seen! Very well done Disco, you've struck again! What is surprising is that last shot you posted! The wooden chairs lined up on either side behind the raked design feature. Must be interesting sitting up there. Surely those can only be used when alongside or at anchor. I guess they would take them down when preparing to go to sea.

I'm also trying to figure out what the device is mounted on the under side of the 'wings' on the mast (close to the flag lines) initially it looked like some kind of a search light but the search lights are mounted on the top side of the 'wings'. Are they like some kind of spotlights for the same flat area up there where the chairs are?
  2. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Great shots disco as usual!! Do you have more?
    It seems that these lights are firmly attached and can not lit down to the area with the chairs... but you are right it would be interesting to know more about them.
  3. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Here are a few more shots of Seven Seas.

This one was taken from the top of the 17th Street Causeway Bridge.

ss6.JPG

Wow, if I was some movie mogul visiting Seven Seas for the first time and got to the foot of this gangplank I think I would be totally impressed with the fact that I am about to board a very special yacht!

To everyone else I think it is pretty darn clear that if you don't swing then don't ring!!

ss6 (3).JPG

This is what the stern of a yacht with a 45' beam looks like, totally massive! You can also see the end of the infinity edge pool located on this deck right above her name.

ss6 (2).JPG

Ah the mates are giving her a bath that she gets once every two weeks whether she needs it or not. This is a good days work from sun up to sun down for the three buff Aussies!

ss6 (4).JPG

And how cool is this? Along with the matching tees and board shorts the mates also get to wear flip-flops with Seven Seas embossed on the soles!

ss6 (5).JPG
  4. Yacht News

"Seven Seas" seems to berth there all the time. Seen her in several photos and videos in that same spot. You have to keep that yacht clean! That's what they being paid for, well one reason. The guys on "Katara" clean every few days but that is understandable, she is nearly 2 times larger than Seven Seas.
  5. discokachina

Hi YN, I am glad you enjoyed the shots. I wondered the same thing. Unfortunately every time I took a shot the wind blew the flag in the wrong direction partially obscuring the device.

cam1.JPG

cam3.JPG

cam4.JPG

At first I did not realize that the device is mounted on both port and starboard wings.

cam2.JPG

cam5.JPG

I think you are right on. The devices appear to be angled down to illuminate the areas around the chairs.

Perhaps they are those new fangled high lumen low power output leds?
  6. discokachina

Here are a few more detail shots of Seven Seas. Hope you like them as well.

d2.JPG

This one was taken from the patio of the Pier Sixty-Six Pelican Bar which is a high second story location. Even from this high up position Seven Seas is still towering above me.

d5.JPG

Being that high up gave me a pretty good view of the infinity pool located at the stern of the main deck. It appears to have some sort of hard cover over it when not in use.

d3.JPG

You gotta love a yacht with a quad horn array. That and the reflections on the dome make it seem like we are looking at a Starship in outerspace instead of a superyacht on the Intracoastal.

d4.JPG

You know you are looking at a special creation when usually ordinary things like life raft stanchions catch your eye!

d1.JPG

Even the support posts and logo look sublime on Seven Seas.

Notice the bead board planking used in portions of the ceiling!

Her fit, finish, and detailing are beyond phenomenal.
  7. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Many many thanks disco!
    Your photos are awesome as well as your comments!
    "Seven Seas" looks good from every angel.
  8. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost Member

The Regina systen in the Spinward Marches
    Heh, the three radar domes atop her structure make me think she's got a CWIS in case she gets too close to North Korea :D
  9. discokachina

BlueGhost you have ferreted out one of Seven Seas big secrets.

It turns out YN and I were wrong about the led lights.

cam3.JPG

Turns out the devices under the wings are actually cleverly disguised CWIS high power lasers always at the ready to fight for Truth, Justice, and The American Way!!

Up, Up, and Away!!!!
  10. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost Member

11. Yacht News

Nice pics again :)
  12. discokachina

Hi BG, Yes I know and I am enjoying every minute of it!!!

What we are talking about is really not so far fetched. With world wide piracy unfortunately on the rise I think there will be more yachts being equipped like Roman's.

Abramovich's Yacht Features Missile Defense, Submarine: Video - YouTube

Considering Steven invented Star Wars there is no telling what may lay underneath that sheep's skin. ;)
  13. discokachina

The Last Shots on the Roll

Here are the last shots on the roll from my excursion to the crows nest not of Seven Seas.

sss5.JPG

Kilroy was here!

Some graphic artist or industrial designer must have spent hours developing this empyreal logo.

Or maybe Steven knocked it out in a couple of minutes on the back of a cocktail napkin while daydreaming about her at Chalmun's Cantina.

sss4.JPG

What an awesome bridge deck.

Really the only windows on the yacht that are not totally blacked out.

The large overhang offers great protection from the sun and rain.

sss1.JPG

This picture was taken from the high second floor terrace of Pelican Grill so the bow of Seven Seas must be over two stories tall!

Yikes!!!

sss2.JPG

Even the hawses on this yacht are things of great beauty!!

sss3.JPG

Retractable anchors are so cool.

They really enhance the graceful and uncluttered good looks of her bow.
  14. Yacht News

Even the striking plates are nice to look at, something that is just a normal utility. Interesting how the wipers on the bridge windows come all the way around to the side and note the deck entrance to the bridge is at the back and not on the side like on alot of yachts.
  15. carelm

carelm Senior Member

Disco,

Many thanks for the great photos. They really show a lot of the attention to detail Oceanco spent in buiding her.
  16. Betsemes

Betsemes New Member

Greatest pictures I have seen of the Seven Seas! Thank you.

Sorry to tell you this, but Steven Spielberg didn't invent Star Wars. George Lucas did.
  17. discokachina

So sorry! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Being friends I hope George gets to travel on Seven Seas at some point to see what I think he has helped to inspire.

To me the design of her superstructure somewhat resembles the shapes of some of the star ships in Lucas' films.
  18. carelm

carelm Senior Member

They did work together on the first two Raiders of the Lost Ark movies as I recall. Most likely given their friendship, George has spent quite a bit of time on Seven Seas.
  19. Betsemes

Betsemes New Member

George wrote and produced all four Indiana Jones movies while Steven directed them. They both have been friends for many years. I think I read somewhere that Steven directed the scenes of the duel between Darth Sidious and Yoda while George directed the duel between Obi-wan and Anakin in the Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith movie.

Anyway, the Seven Seas is one of my favorite yachts. It's strikingly beautiful to say the least. So thank you again for those pictures.
  20. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost Member

Two pools and helos pads? A mini sub? A phalanx point defense system, and something to keep the Paparazzi at bay?

Geeze, why didn't he just buy an old Sovremenny class destroyer, and modify it? It probably would've been cheaper! :p