Click for Mag Bay Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Mulder

Shower Drain Boxes. Anything Better Than Rule?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by DOCKMASTER, May 12, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

Your fish box gutters are just gravity drain direct? If memory serves I think the gutter drains are only a few inches above waterline?
  2. Donzi 54

Donzi 54 Member

Whatever it is it just enough and does the job. The thru hull is in the boot stripe.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

You can't use a Rule shower sump box for fishbox drains.....You need a pump that's designed to handle scales and fish guts and crap.
  4. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

I'm aware. As mentioned, I have a macerator for the fish box drain that we use for fish. The shower sumps are for the gutters around the lids and for the one box that is only used for storage.
  5. classic

classic Member

for the shower I use flow jet pumps never any issues.
  6. Tadpole500

Tadpole500 New Member

Ultra switch the best. I was 16/17 when I met Bob Merganthaler he was working restoration of older wood 72 Broward in behind best friends house father was a broker. Bob showed us the first prototype of ultra switch out of the back of old countrysquire wagon rear shocks struggling w all the tools etc well versed capt engineer would have pre suv. He said it was the best design could not fail and soon would be on every yacht. That was long time ago he then invented Tef gel I believe
    my friend and I even took old girl to shooters by ourselves one night back in the day stayed overnight returned boat back to dock in morning few canal away. Not sure we were even 18 yet. Yes we got caught !!!
    captholli likes this.
  7. captholli

captholli Senior Member

His warehouse / lab in Riviera Bch always looked like the original mad scientist of the marine world every time that I would drop in on him. Components, surplus electronics and experiments going on everywhere you look. Quite the inventor and a really interesting individual.
  8. classic

classic Member

Ultra-Switch oh yeah, they use this device in the basement sumps back north great device. simple too