Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder

Seeking info on a 2005 Inace 95' Buccaneer

Discussion in 'Inace Yacht' started by Joeboatsailor, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Joeboatsailor

Joeboatsailor New Member

I have found this yacht for sale and I like it. However, it's history is somewhat of a mystery. It has not been well maintained and there are no logs.If anyone has any information about this yacht please let me know.

It was called Sylvia's Surprise new and then changed to Kindness to the World. She currently lives in San Diego, California. Sometimes they say she is 93' and sometimes 95'.

Anything would be great.

[​IMG]
  2. d_meister

d_meister Senior Member

I was involved with receiving that vessel from the transport ship in Ensenada, Mexico when it came over from Florida in May, 2015. Not well maintained is a gross understatement. We had to hire a tug to come down from San Diego and tow it to San Diego. The owner didn't want to spend a lot of money on it to make it usable. Then, it started pumping oily bilge water and was towed to a yard and hauled out. After that, the owner had various plans for it, including trucking it to Arizona (not possible, too big) and planting it in the sand as a house. Then it became cutting it into sections and trucking it for the same purpose. Lost track of it after that bit of entertainment.
    upload_2017-3-2_8-31-17.png
  3. Joeboatsailor

Joeboatsailor New Member

Thank you for that info. The sales people are playing dumb about the history of this boat. They said it ran fine and was just out for sea trials but the maintenance logs were missing. I had a feeling they were being evasive.

However, I was under no illusion that this boat was in great shape. I have been following this boat for some time now. This boat might be perfect for a project I have been planning.

If there is anything else you can remember please let me know.
    Jeff
  4. Joeboatsailor

Joeboatsailor New Member

5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Some people will disagree with me, but I like the older Northern Marines. Northern Marine is no longer in business and went through several owner changes and issues, but built a great boat in the past. I ran a 76' and was very impressed with it's ride. In fact, it did a transatlantic, down to South America etc. The other choice would be Nordhavn which builds a good boat once they finally spend a year tweaking out all of the bugs here.