Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Walker Click for Mulder

sea and yacht, floating vessel obsession

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by toira, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

My first thought was to say 'GET YOUR MIND OFF THE BABES AND BACK ON THE BOOKS', then I remembered back to when I was 13...to Valerie, Chris, Candy & Georgeanne. It was a very good year full of ambition, fear and ignorance. LOL. Enjoy yourself young man, but remember to open a book once in a while. In the mean time look around for an old decrepit boat yard. Find the oldest guy there, and look over his shoulder. Keep your eyes open and your mouth shut. What you learn will serve you well. Just don't listen when he busts a knuckle on a stuck bolt. LOL,
  2. toira

toira Guest

Thanks for the advice.
    Back to school on Monday so head back in the books.
    Boat yards in the Edinburgh area few and far between but will go a searching.
    Maybe I need a guy like you to be my mentor.
    How about adopt a grandad, as my grandad is to busy sailing somewhere or other.
    Forgets he has a family.
    He took me to allied marine yard last summer when I was on holiday visiting him in Fort Lauderdale.
    Thats the kind of enviro I want to learn in.
    I could have stayed there my whole summer with a few sailing trips thrown in and a few visits to the beach for sun and babes.
    (Do I get any brownie points for wearing their t'shirt and advertising them here in the UK.)
    It was a good day.
    I remember a Ron and a guy who seemed to have a disability zooming around in an electric buggy but he never let it hold him back.
    These kind of hands on guys inspire me.
    Trip to Antibes/Cannes suggested and you will see what I mean by the babes on the beach. (mostly Italian)
    Grandmother says like grandfather like grandson.
    After all have to make use of being a good looking kid.
    Loved Brian Eilands site on the web all about various crafts.
    Can I join this forum in my own right without going threw ones Mom, not cool.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I'm sending you a PM. BTW this is a well monitored forum, but it is still adults. Make sure you mom sees this and all communications.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.