Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Walker Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn

Running Angle

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Greg Page, May 14, 2024.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Stepped in what??
    Boat trailer option or boat trim while running option??
  2. Robertoman

Robertoman Member

Hi Cap,

Talking about the flat blades that attach to the bottom of the transom to replace the trim tabs.
    I think some of them are connected to a satellite compass and correct for roll. I believe there are several brands of these.
    If i am understanding this correctly he is concerned about roll at sailboat speeds. Wouldn't one of these help in this application.
    Robert,
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
  3. Greg Page

Greg Page Senior Member

Capt Ralph - Late reply, have been crusing a long boat (rental) on the Erie Canal and just back.

I think the Bennet tabs are much to slow to respond to even the 2 second period beam swells. Mine take several seconds when using mnually before I can detect any change.
  4. Greg Page

Greg Page Senior Member

Robertoman - not slow speed, at cruise.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

All that matters is what speed you're getting and such. For optimal performance with your boat, you want a little bow high running angle and to bring it down with trim tabs. Most all SF pick up a couple of knots with the tabs 1/2 way down or so. IF anything, try 2-300 lb ballast bags with water in them on the bow, but chances are the boat is fine the way it sits. I'm not sure if you have a 43' or 46', but if you have 2 tanks, you can always try running the stern tank down first if so equipped.