Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander

Rough seas

Discussion in 'General Trawler Discussion' started by Plucka, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plucka

Plucka Guest

Why can't I find any of these so called trawler boats in rough seas.The only one I've found is a Nordhavn that had water splashing on it's windscreen all the others could have been in calm waters.
  2. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Where are you looking?
  3. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

In rough seas I find that I am far more focused on my own vessel and her behavior/well being than I am hunting down alternative rides on the near horizon. I get plenty wet when nasty, but she's still my girl...

Was there a point to the question and the search?
  4. Plucka

Plucka Guest

O f course there was a point to my question. I wanted to see how a live aboard mono hull handles rough seas.
  5. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Monohulls have many different hull configurations. If you're talking full displacment yachts, most of them are out cruising and not taking selfies to post on forums and YouTube.

I can't tell you why you can't find any, but plenty are cruising Alaska, Pacific NorthWest, Southern California, Caribbean, Bahamaas, Chesapeak, New England, and Canadian Maritimes for the Western Hemisphere. I know of a trawler cruising in each of these locations.

BTW, most prudent mariners avoid rough seas when possible.
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I think the OP has confused trawlering with trolling...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.