Click for Comfort Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for Walker

Rogues & Ugly Boats!

Discussion in 'Popular Yacht Topics' started by YachtForums, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

A very blue Bert.
    Blue Bert.jpg
  2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

A5B98CCF-9585-44D0-9645-647E4FF4B6F6.jpeg
    Horrible at all angles..
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  3. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

77129239-03EF-4309-9D48-251242860AE8.jpeg
  4. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Attached Files:

5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Beauty is in eye of the beholder, but this is a practical rogue. How the heck do you get to the bow... nonrub rail so better have an acrobatically skilled crew to handle fenders when coming at a standard dock with pilings. And where do you even hang fenders... no idea what it is,just saw it cruising around with a FYI For Sale flag.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2019
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

So... arrived at Staniel Cay Big Majors this afternoon after a sloppy run from MIA. I was going to anchor further up and closer to the island when I saw this contraption. I decided to anchor behind so I wouldn’t have to see it from the aft deck.

What the heck were they thinking.... at first from the side I thought there was a taller skylounge MY behind it then I realized it was just one ... thing

Attached Files:

7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Figure of speech. I knew nobody was thinking.

Then there is this one, right behind us ... as a classic Hatteras owner it pains me to say that I picked up the binoculars to read the logo. Both Jack Hargrave and Willis Slane must be spinning in their graves

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  8. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Maybe I need to move on from the 60s, 70s and 80s... classic 1970 Hargrave designed 53 Hatteras... 1972 E-type... 1981 Alfa GTV6 penned by Giugiaro... couple of Alfa Spiders by Pininfarina... what happened to this world??

Yesterday afternoon while clearing in Cat Cay I stopped while walking back to the boat and was drooling over a 50ish Sabre. Owner looked at me thinking I was looking at his wife :) i need therapy..
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I debated including the latest launch from Nobiskrug in the Rogues thread, but when you discover such an important 'Artefact', it would be an injustice not to showcase it in the Rogues museum...

Attached Files:

10. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Just wait for the first interior pictures of this boat to appear. The interior design has been done by Pascale Raymond and Andrew Langton. Be prepared for some extraordinary design features (to be as friendly as I can with this couple).

The problem with some of those "modern" designers is their claim to be pure artists. They want absolutely free hands, a carte blanche. And once given one of those, You will end up with something like A or SY "A" or the above. I have once approached Reymond Langton Design during the MYS, when planning my present boat. After talking for about 30 min to Pascale Reymond, I was shaking my head and walked away.

I am not a designer at all, I am only an engineer. If I would design a larger yacht, it would look like a war ship or at least like a commercial vessel. At least for the internal design and most likely better for the external design too, I need a designer, who lissens to my ideas, takes notes and makes proposals. Most designers can only do internal or external design, very few are good in both. The best results will be achieved, if You have a designer being capable of doing both. This will give You an overall design that look like a single cast.

Andrew Winch would be on top of my list for one of those unified solutions. The boats (both sailing and motor yachts) he has done completely, are real master pieces of timeles yacht design. One of his latest complete designs like Areti comes into my mind. This boat will never look outdated, it pleases Your eyes both inside and outside.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents
  11. Ward

Ward Senior Member

This is what you get when you don't enforce anchoring restrictions:

Attached Files:

12. Ward

Ward Senior Member

All waters in Canada are federal jurisdiction, but the problems tend to happen at a local level, so every local jurisdiction has to come up with a way to deal with their particular problems.

In Vancouver, the biggest problem is that False Creek is a nice protected area right in the middle of the city, so if they could, a ton of people would live aboard year round on crappy, unsafe boats. It's a cheap way to live in an extremely expensive part of town.

Several years ago, the city did a deal with the Federal government so the feds put restrictions into place to limit how long boats can anchor in False Creek (roughly, 14 days out of month) and gave the authority to the Vancouver police to enforce the rules. If someone overstays, the police can give them a "Direction Notice" telling them they have to leave and if they don't, the boat can be impounded.

Most of the time, people leave when the tow boat shows up, but every year one or two boats get impounded and the owners can't or won't pay the fees to get the boats released (the boats usually aren't worth anything), so the boats get recycled. The city eats the cost of impounding and surveying and recycling, but it's cheaper then the cleanup when boats wash ashore.
  13. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Here are some close up views.
  14. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

This came into harbour yesterday. The 41m Porsche designed 'Royal Falcon'.

I think I can live without it.
    Royal Falcon.jpg
  15. MathieuPicard

MathieuPicard New Member

[​IMG]
    Found thisss ugly badddd boy.

This little workboat looks as if it’s seen it all and then some. How it isn’t part of an artificial reef nestled at the bottom of the sea is no doubt a surprise to many who’ve seen it in all of its rusty glory. Named Desmar Uno, I'm not exactly sure what the boat’s true function is but it may have something to do with tug operations if the old tires strapped to its port and starboard sides have anything to do with it. Workboats certainly don’t have to be pretty but we’re nearly at a loss for words with this one. We would think at the very least a boat of any kind would at least try to look seaworthy, but maybe that just doesn’t apply to this type of boat. ;)o_O
  16. Seasmaster

Seasmaster Senior Member

Definitely both Rogue & handsomely "ugly".
    Her name is : TRUMPFLOATONE. Some young men in Fosnavaag, (home of several of the major Offshore Shipping companies in Norway) got bored of playing computer games on their long breaks from their trips to sea. They decided to built a raft as a more social activity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Adds new meaning to the term "Chevy van" no?

Attached Files:

18. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Heritage East 44...

Attached Files:

19. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

On the Road again...wait. 92D3AC66-F75F-4BA6-A7E0-95BB29452B88.jpeg
  20. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member