Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Mag Bay Click for Glendinning

Recommendation for a 60-65 feet boat..

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by JustinMet, Nov 19, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JustinMet

JustinMet New Member

Thanks. Yes it is. That's weird, I just got the email. Was the first one.
    But anyway thanks for the clarification. Very appreciated.
  2. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

It has always been that way on this site. I took a break for a lot years because of the bitterness in people's response to someone else's opinion. I know several people that have left because of this.
  3. Cruz

Cruz Member

Have you considered a powercat? There are many reasons why they don't work for everyone and they may not for you, but perhaps it is something to consider given the typically open main deck spaces and easy fulfillment of your stateroom requirements. You could even stay in your current LOA range while gaining more space and ease of movement around the boat. A cursory search doesn't show a lot of inventory in the preowned late model category but I thought it a worthwhile mention as food for thought.
  4. Scott Felstad

Scott Felstad New Member

The Sea Ray or L590 Fly or L650 Fly may be the ticket. More money and more boat accordingly.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The 650 would be the far better choice of the 2. The 590' isn't a great sea boat, feels tippy even when doing tight turns at slow speed in inland waters and have triple zues pods to maintain. 650 is C18 cats (2) and shafts.
  6. Scott Felstad

Scott Felstad New Member

Very good points, Capt J. Seems like a better boat and easier to fix than some of those foreign models. Inventory down and prices up.......
  7. PremierPOWER

PremierPOWER New Member

Taking delivery of our new Schaefer 660 on Friday. 4 state rooms, master has own staircase, crew cabin, CE A rating, 32 mph cruise speed with 40mph top speed. Very excited!
  8. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

That's reason for excitement. Some very interesting design features. Pretty boat. What engines? One thing that surprised me was only 687 gallons fuel capacity, is that accurate?

I assume built in their Brazilian factory? Have you been there? If so would love to hear your observations.
  9. PremierPOWER

PremierPOWER New Member

Volvo IPS 1200 D13's. The fuel capacity is really the only draw back, although it does get .53mpg at cruise. Yes they are built in Brazil. I talked to Captain Steve (Boattest.com) to get his opinion, since he has been to the factory. He said he had armed security the entire time, so we decided not to tour the factory ha.
  10. hat4349

hat4349 Senior Member

Reading all the answers and your original post I would look at an older Fleming 65. It has everything you want, not sure price wise though it fits your budget.