Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning

Propeller options - Cabo 40 Convertible w/CAT C12's

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by Capt Maritime, Aug 28, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CaboFly

CaboFly Member

My 40 Cabo had Veem's with MAN R6 800's. Ran like a Mustang. 37 to 38 knots at 2350 rpm.
    I am also running Veem's on my 48.
  2. Butter Fish

Butter Fish New Member

I run very similar. 35kts on the pins(2317 and 2354) running light with a little less than 1/2 fuel. My load % is a few points higher but very close (98% and 96%). I approach 80% load around 1950-2000rpm(depending on how loaded I am of course, this is light) and I try to keep it in the 70’s. Feel like a lost a knot or two off my cruise speed like this though it’s odd. Otherwise she runs beautifully and I’m extremely hesitant to mess with the props again. When I was at 31” pitch had a faster cruise but the load% was higher and I didn’t dig that.
  3. Capt Maritime

Capt Maritime Member

Yes those are the engine loads, and I would anticipate seeing higher numbers when the vessel is fully loaded. I believe during the above sea trials I had about 300 gallons of fuel, and (4) persons aboard. I had just launched so a perfectly clean bottom and running gear with new cutlass bearings and new PSS shaft seals.
    Butter Fish likes this.