Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mulder

Port engine turbo turning up slower than starboard

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by CSkipR, Jan 10, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Beau

Beau Senior Member

My port engine is the slave and will lag when I power up with the sync. I try to avoid that by using the unassisted throttles since I believe I'm putting the bulk of the "get to plane" load on my starboard by using the sync. Try using your throttles without the sync - I suspect your lag will vanish?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Recently you noticed? New symptom or always been there? How long has it been noticed and how is your hull bottom?
    Even with the new fancy stuff, the slave is chasing the master. How clean & strong everything is can help it seem effortless or a lil late. Replacing the fuel filters may have helped the strong part. When was the last diver under da boat?
    When at cruising, does your engine data match? All Air pressures, fuel pressures, boost and pyro (if you have Pyro). I think Skippy J was trying to ask some of these engine comparisons also.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

His common rail MAN's are done through the computer, so there is very little if any noticable lag between the motors when on sync. The computer pretty much sends throttle position to both at virtually the same time.
  4. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Gottca. Mine are on a Glendenning
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yeah and you're right there is a decent delay in the Glenndenning and it also does put a lot more stress/load on the master engine. It is better for the engines to bring it up to plane on both throttles and then switch it on.
  6. CSkipR

CSkipR Member

Capt J,
    I did not write them down as everything was running equal on both engines. Next time out will write them down.