Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service

Pacific Mariner owners

Discussion in 'Pacific Mariner' started by Irish Wake, May 3, 2007.

1. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

So other than the Dad, Orin, bought Westport, Pacific Mariner was a completely separate entity? Where they build in Westport or some other facitlity before Westport purchased them? Just curious to know Pacific NW boating history.

Who own's Westport now for that matter?
  2. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Pacific Mariner was stand alone prior to Orin being involved in Westport. He became a partner with the original brothers of Westport, and eventually they sold the entire business to him.

I'm not entirely sure that Westport and Pacific Mariner had anything to do with one another other than being (partially) owned by the same person.

Westport is now owned by the Chouest Group.
  3. gr8trn

gr8trn Senior Member

Thanks Ken.
  4. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

And other than many William Garden designs. So, it's natural to see similarities between them. Also some construction similarities. The family resemblance was there.

Prior to the combination with Westport, Pacific Mariner was built in La Conner.
  5. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Orin and Bill were great friends for many, many years.
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

They shared vision as well. I'm a huge fan of both and love having two Garden designed boats.
  7. Jmw

Jmw New Member

i just purchased a Pacific Mariner 65 and i have a question for the group. Is there a reason that the 65 does not have a stern thruster? Is it a structural decision or operational?
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Operational. Stern thrusters usually don't come standard and are an addition. Mostly an addition or becoming more popular in the last 5-8 years. Most Captains don't need/use them because you can put 1 engine in forward and the other in reverse and walk the stern sideways. You could always add one.
  9. One September

One September New Member

New PM 65’ owner. Would like to meet and discuss this boat with other owners!
    Thanks.
    Mike
    “One September”
    Fort Myers