Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Mag Bay

Oh Crap!

Discussion in 'Donzi/Roscioli Yacht' started by SHAZAM, Nov 22, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 84far

84far Senior Member

Errr, some extra storage for items that errr shouldn't been seen... ;) If you have time I would pull a bulkhead down and see what the deal is... They look pretty thick, and pretty sus... :cool:

And if this is the boat that got repossessed, what were the previsous owners up to...?

Far
  2. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

I would agree I have seen that layout before on charter fishing boats, everything is painted because paint is generally tougher than varnish also white because is makes small spaces seem larger.
  3. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

There is a sort of happy ending to this master stateroom situation. I spent the day aboard her today and found that the midship port stateroom with the side by side bunks actually turns into one large bed therefore making that stateroom the defacto master. The inboard bunk is on a hidden track system that allows you to either have one large bed or two midsize beds. I actually like this feature, it should come in handy on those nights when I need a little distance from my significant other, just unlatch the bed and push her over.

I'd love to know the history behind this boat as it has several neat features that I've never seen on any other donzi and BTW, the fit, finish and level of equipment that this boat has makes me doubt it was ever a charter boat.
  4. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Seems you have a unique and interesting boat!
    If it is the same Donzi I saw images of on the internet, then the cockpit area and saloon has a lot of fine timberwork. A very attractive boat.
    I hope you can sort out the engines without too much trouble although I bet there will be some big costs in this.
    Good luck!!!
  5. 84far

84far Senior Member

Hahaha! SHAZAM!, you make married life sound so inviting :D

Sounds like the boat is turning out to be a little treat... besides those motors. Cheers

Far
  6. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

I'm not sure which Donzi you're referring to, if it's the one I'm thinking of its a 72' and trust me, it doesn't look anything like the photos when seen in person.

One engine is almost done, down to the bare block and being reassembled as we speak. If all goes well, the second one should be done by mid January.

Another surprise, I went up into the bridge, looked around and found a Brownies Third Lung underneath the aft bridge station's bench seat. Why would you have a Third Lung so far away from the water?
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Probably because that is about as often as they used the third lung. Most people buy them, use them once, and forget about them. I'm sure it's also great for stability to have it up there. Good to hear you found the engine parts and they're coming together. I'm sure the cylinder kits are a pretty penny for those.
  8. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

I never believe parts guys- they can only order thru certain channels which are approved by the mgmt. I was told there were no 5670P injectors for a 16-92 by the parts guy at Western Branch at my latest rebuild and I found 8 in five minutes with phone calls. There were no back order on my rebuild on anything in May 2010. I call BS on the parts guy. Have you secretary or someone start calling the major DD service companies and you'll find the parts in short order and most likely cheaper than the parts guy. Show it to mgmt and they have little choice but to go with your find. That's the business.
  9. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

10. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

11. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

How's the boat now? I like the stand up fridge on Sea Deuce, and the joinery work all over the boat is very good. No white paint on her however.
  12. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Senior Member

Full size fridge is a must and because there's no stairs inside the boat to the bridge you don't feel like you're losing space inside. As far as the rest of the boat, let's just say I'm at the mercy of a really, really slow boat yard.
  13. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Boatyard

Is there any other kind of boatyard ?? LOL
  14. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Lets see the updates on your boat Shazam!
  15. weto

weto Senior Member

Its been 2 years since his last post on the 65' so maybe it wasn't such a good deal. :eek: