Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport Click for Abeking

OceAnco News

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 22, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

What I meant was that the ones with the stern pool (Alfa Nero, Seven Seas, and now Y708) all have Oceanco's signature pool that converts to a helipad. Vibrant Curiosity has the one on the top deck but the bow also works. Sunrays has the dedicated one but the bow has also been used for heli operations. I guess Anastasia's could be used for a helipad but I haven't really heard mention of it.
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Special request to thread participants and future contributors. Please do not post any further pictures, renders or GA's of Y708. This includes links. Public domain, 'caught in the wild' pictures are acceptable. I have removed all the links and renders from this thread.

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is a special request from the yard.

Thanks!

Carl
  4. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Of course I accept there wishes but a link is public domain(?). Or it must be a ordinary language what I don't can translate right ;)
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

You're right Rene'. In this particular case, Oceanco requested that I remove the link to a PDF on Y708. They are contacting the host to request the same.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience.
  6. German Yachting

Even better, all of this was found on their site for quite some time and then they removed it, but just not carefully enough. You would think that an organization like that would be able to remove all their content.
  7. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

The people at Oceanco have done a lousy job removing renders and material from Y708 from the internet. Almost every charter website that have yacht information beyond charter yachts has the 10 to 20 renders that where made publicly available. And those are all reputable businesses. You should ask Oceanco to call them, not only you.
  8. Yacht News

While it is not confirmed to be an OceAnco project, Igor Lobanov will unveil a brand new 85-meter superyacht at the Monaco Yacht Show (MYS) 2012). More on this new design next week.
  9. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yes the concept is already unveiled!
    But it is much more interesting to see this:
    ***** Yacht & Ship » New Yacht Construction » SOLAR I think there is a collaboration between OceAnco and Vitters! Wow I think that are exciting news... she is a very sexy design (Ken Freivokh) and imagine a dyna rig on a 100m plus yacht!! I am awaiting her eagerly!
  10. Yacht News

Oh my goodness..are you kidding me? I am floored by this dyna-rig monster and it looks GOOD!
  11. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

On the Freivokh site there's a 90 meter dyna rig yacht, but 108 meters is substantially bigger. Oceanco has no sailing yacht experience, so some outside help/advice would be a smart move.
    And what a change compared to their "regular" Y706/707/708/709 type of yachts! Spectacular design, hope is a real project!
  12. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

Freivokh has a 96 or 100 meter dyna rig design on his site, looks extremely spectacular! Perhaps the interior volume of a 75 meter motor yacht, but with a Maltese Falcon like sailing plan on it: great combination!

Projects | Ken Freivokh Design
  13. Yacht News

Don't forget other projects OceAnco has in-build right now. One of them is project PA164, she is a 91.5-meter expedition style superyacht. Delivery date is expected to be in 2014. Andrew Winch is on the exterior and interior, exciting stuff.
  14. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

They have several under construction at the moment? I assumed something like Y709, but that's PA164, a totally different style of yacht?

Y708 is still moored outside, AIS says "Y708", destination just changed from "My backyard" to "Sea Trails" :D
  15. kughi_s

kughi_s New Member

I don't think it is a Freivokh design that big dyna rig shown in *****'s brochure. The presentation is not a typical Freivokh "style". Looks to me more Nuvolari Lenard style.
  16. German Yachting

Looks like Oceanco signed a new 110m contract through burgess for a 4200 gross ton yacht for delivery in 2016. Exterior is done by Lobanov with the interior by Sorgiovanni.

On another note, below is the new corporate brochure with renderings for PA164 (which would be Y709) and also Y710.

http://www.****************/mobile/images/brochure/oceancocorporate.pdf
  17. Yacht News

Yes yes, exciting news when I read it this morning. I'm glad for OceAnco building such large projects.
  18. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yeah that sounds awesome... so there are now 3 big players Lürssen, Fincantieri and OceAnco! Thanks for posting the brochure germanyachting.

BTW Y710 is the first Espen Oeino design for them!
  19. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

Y709 has been renamed PA164? Anyone have an idea why they didn't use the "709" indication for that yacht?
  20. Yacht News

I'm glad to see that Y709 breaks up that trend of the main aft deck with the pool config.

Y710 looks awesome! Looks like something from Lurssen actually rather than OceAnco.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.