Click for Perko Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Delta

OceAnco News

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 22, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Nice design. I think the forward satcom dome would have looked better with a contrasting color though.
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

not all the domes are black. The smaller ones on the wings of the mast are that light off colour too. If the big dome forward were black, it probably would have stuck out negatively...maybe?

I have some other shots of 706 from the photographer and will post them later on when I have more time. Generally she looks like "Alfa Nero" but if you see detailed pics of her, there are quite a lot of subtle details in the design that makes her really different.
  3. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Agreed. I think if the forward dome was any other colour, it would not look good.

A contrasting colour would make it look like a giant wart on her forehead.
  4. German Yachting

From the other couple photos I have seen of her, she has her pool area more covered than Alfa Nero. Also, it seems as though her stern configuration is somewhat different than Alfa Nero most likely using hydraulic doors instead of stairs. Does anyone know the gross tonnage of Y706? She seems pretty similar to Y708 wich will be 2700 gross tons.
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi GermanYachting and welcome to YF. I was onboard this build during the HISWA tour. The stern configuration your are referring to is a very unique design feature that required a fair amount of engineering. I discussed this with Arie van Andel, Oceanco's Engineering and Project Manager. We were not allowed to take photographs during the tour, but I can tell you the stern features a window with a view to the pool (like an aquarium) and this window also doubles as a reflective screen for watching television from the swim platform.
  6. German Yachting

Hi and thanks for the warm greetings. Just quick question. Do you always get to go on these more high profile builds during the HISWA tour? I am just wondering because I know there most likely is not going to be the opportunity for a YF Review of Vibrant Curiosity or Sunrays but, since they have let the press onto Y706, I was hoping that there might be the possibility for a YF Review of Y706.
  7. Ocean

Ocean Member

Thank you, basbas, for the wonderful photo:)
    Now it's evident to me that Y-706 is not new design but slightly improved replica of "Alfa Nero" - the most beautiful oceAnco Mega-Yacht so far.
    Looking forward for future Y-708, she must be even better than "Alfa Nero".;)
  8. Yacht News

Interesting presumption...
  9. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I am hoping your assumption is wrong. I would most certainly like to see a review of Sunrays at some point.
  10. German Yachting

I am just assuming from what has happened with other Oceanco yachts. Amevi had her interior only featured in the International Superyacht Society awards page (and the layouts for a short time on Oceanco's old website), Alfa Nero had everything shown pretty early after delivery and was featured at the Monaco Yacht Show (December 2007 I believe things started to show up), Anastasia had her own website up soon after her delivery and, again, was featured at the Monaco Yacht Show. Also, Anastasia had the press onboard for a sea trial (maybe that was a HISWA event but I am not sure). Vibrant Curiosity, though, had no interior photos shown during her ISS award debut and also was never featured by Oceanco at the Monaco Yacht Show. I also would like to see a review of Sunrays but I do not believe that she will be at the Monaco Yacht Show so I doubt that there will be anything released. One can already take a small glimpse of the layouts to Sunrays if you watch the Oceanco promo video. They do a pan over the layouts so one can get the idea of what is happening on the main deck, owners deck, and a portion of the upper deck.

This brings us to Y706. Since the press was already allowed onto this vessel in the late stages of her build, it is possible that she will be featured in a review (but I believe she is going to be finished too late for the Monaco Yacht Show). Lastly, if there are more photos available of her I would be eager to see them.
  11. Yacht News

A yacht that size for the time she was launched shud not be finished in time for Monaco. The show is roughly 3 weeks away. i doubt 706 would be finished in 3 weeks, never know though. If she was to be featured at the show, they would have to fix her to show standards and then finish her after the show. Anyways, I was not aware that she would be appearing at the show.
  12. Yacht News

Hey Germanyachting I wasn't ready to post the photos yet but I will post some for now. Here there are compliments Basbas...

Attached Files:

13. German Yachting

Thanks for the photos. What I meant regarding the Monaco Yacht Show was that I do not believe it would be possible for Y706 to be completed in time for the show.
  14. German Yachting

Also, is that a fifth deck lounge (gym perhaps or just guest space)? If so, I really like how that is incorporated in. The lines blend in very well.
  15. Yacht News

Germanyachting, here is "Vibrant Curiosity"...

Link removed by request of Oceanco
  16. German Yachting

Excellent find! I forgot if the ISS awards have already appeared or not and it turns out I was wrong. Again, great find!
  17. Yacht News

For those who may not know already, OceAnco's Y-706 will be called "Seven Seas".
  18. simon6

simon6 New Member

Anastasia and Vibrant Curiosity

Whatever to controversy about the Anastasia fitting out and Vibrant Curiosity, they have both graced Grand Harbour Marina Malta this year. Not bad efforts for a Spanish waste recycler and German nut and bolt manufacturer! Hope we see more of them.

Attached Files:

19. Yacht News

"Vibrant Curiosity" seems to be a regular visitor to Malta...Grand Harbour. I have seen many photos of her there.
  20. Yacht News

In other news, OceAnco is apparently looking at expanding their facilities to accommodate their plans to enter the 100+ meter market. As you would know, if you view their designs for the next generation yachts, it would be apparent that many of those designs are over 100-meters. OceAnco currently are building up to just under 90-meters or so.

So, to address this new issue, there are plans to construct a 160M + long covered dock/construction hall. This is definitely good news because it demonstrates the apparently demand for larger yachts.

***​
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.