Click for Comfort Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

| OceAnco | 88.50M | "Nirvana" -ex. Y-707- | 2012 |

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by Yacht News, Nov 21, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

125m Euro? Seems somewhat overpriced considering Alfa Nero was offered at 119m Euro.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Look at the whole process as being a sort of Dutch Auction, you start with a high price and the first one to blink gets the deal.

Dutch auction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  3. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

What an awesome site! The yacht and other photos are beautiful!

Be sure when viewing to click on the photo to go into full screen mode, then click on each photo to go to the next one. Bigger is almost always better!!

Thanks for posting the link, what a great find!
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It is a good link for the photos, it is just a pity the colours have been played with so much.

The wood on Nirvana looks like red paint and the Stern of Eminence looks like it has a metallic brown paintjob fairing out to it's normal colour. Polar Star seems to have been repainted since I was anchored next to it two weeks ago too.

I also have serious doubts as to how long ago the water in the SOF was as green as depicted.
  5. German Yachting

Makes sense. Alfa Nero was done the same way.

Does anyone know if Nirvana will enter the charter market?
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

7. discokachina

8. Yacht News

9. Yacht News

10. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Oh my goodness that is crazy... I mean yes she looks very luxuriously and I do not if she has any special technologies but "Alfa Nero"s asking price was 130 million euros, "Nirvana" is supposed to cost twice as much, more than some larger yachts? Her owner enjoyed her just for 3-4 months that is sad... however she is absolutly stunning tough!
  11. Yacht News

To me she is an upscale version of "Anastasia" on the interior but she has superior deck spaces compared to her smaller sister. The asking price still has me shocked. Yeah I get it that she is brand new but 290 million USD? for a 89-meter yacht?
  12. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Me too. I am shure the people at Edmiston know what they do nontheless I would like to hear K1W1's statement to that...
    Good luck Alex Busher that would be a nice provision!
  13. nmna

nmna Senior Member

There are always some people who doesn't want to wait 3-4 years to get their yacht built. But I have to agree, 230 million € is too much.

As a matter of comparison, Radiant was sold for 240 million €.
  14. Yacht News

"Radiant" is 110-meters right?, "Nirvana" just under 89-meter but I do take your argument about the 3-4 year wait period for a brand new construction. Price to pay alot more when you see something you like and can buy it instantly, even if it is expensive.
  15. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Maybe the owner doesn't want to sell except he gets 200 Million € ;).

There is a saying: Everything is for sale if you afford the right amount (maybe not right translated - sorry). I can imagine it's something like that proverb.

The time for waiting isn't the only reason for paying a higher price or building price. If a yacht comes from the yard there are some rework to do and it's a lot of work to talk with the designer, project manager and yard visiting to be updated.
  16. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

When a yacht hits the market the price will always be open to negotiation ............downwards that is, so just like a Dutch Auction they start high and the first one to raise his or her hand gets it.

I am yet to see one come to market at a published price that rose as people showed interest - unlike a house I made an offer on. The owners daughter who was dealing with it kept asking for 5 or 10k more till at 5 below the original ask they asked for 10 more. Needless to say I did not buy that one.
  17. German Yachting

Does anybody know the gross tonnage for Nirvana? MT says 2200 but that seems very low. I think she should be pushing 2600-2700 range realistically and I think her baby sister is in the 2000 range.
  18. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

€230 million is a high price, particularly in today's market, but probably only a bit higher than the cost to the owner. Seven Seas was rumored to have cost in that range. Above a certain level, say 50 meters, all these full custom yachts are very expensive to build and to very high standards (not neccesarily the case with smaller ones), and whats interesting to note is how the cost of the very large yachts is mostly undervalued in the public domain. When the media speculates with the cost of the newly build top yachts in most cases falls far below reality.

Another thing is the market value of an existing yacht. It used to be above cost and is probably now below cost.
  19. Tkthom

Tkthom New Member

No info yet available about the owner? It had some very characteristic Asian features in the interior. Was very owner specific. Also the owner changed the outlay multiple times during the building time. Why sell within such a short period?

Also it seems that the first sail with the Anastasia was more of a promotour also making pictures, and collecting more alike salesmaterial. I was very surprised by the quick launch for sale.
  20. discokachina

One service I subscribe to reports 2750 for Gross Tons for Nirvana and if Y708 is the sister you refer to she is reported at 2650 Gros Tons.
    Anastasia Y703 is reported to be 2200 Gross Tons. No tonnages have been reported for Y709 or Y710 as yet.