Discussion in 'Props, Shafts & Seals' started by MBevins, Aug 22, 2019.
410 0r 450hp?
If you have Turbo boost gauges, I would appreciate seeing the boost pressure along with RPM data as you make your prop speed chart. Thanks
450hp 671s? You really don’t want to have these overpropped I’d avoid running over 1800 until this is resolved
You guys are getting up to early or I'm sleeping much later.
Must be your clocks...
@ 450hp, Then 6-71TIBs.
For the pictorial leaning learners:
The 'B goes without saying......
Yes, I have the big sheets.
But HP went without saying for a while also.
I know you want to wait, or your yard does until winter haulout, but honestly me personally, I'd want to test the re-pitched wheels before next season and not wait until next season and realize that they're still off and have to deal with it at the beginning of the season and lose time.
Yes I would too but there's no Time.
I have to be in another part of the world on the 20th, There's no way for me to stop somewhere and get this done AND get the boat to it's storage facility. So in the spring I will fly in to the storage facility, launch , do some test runs and fly back home. Unfortunately it is what it is. If the yard dealing with this decided to screw me it's on them, I'm not losing sleep over it.
Update on the situation.
I'm where I need to be for haulout.
Ran here over the last week or so.
A nice relaxing pace of 8knts @800 RPM.
No stress on the equipment.
The yard has agreed that the wheels will be removed and shipped back to ACME.
I have the boxes and arrange this with the storage facility. They had to come off anyway as the Port intermediary strut that was temporarily repaired has to be replaced.
I'll make it a point to get in contact with ACME to ensure things are calculated correctly.
Does anyone have a contact person for them?
It didn't take much to get the yard to agree to send them back, I think he knows he screwed up by not getting ACME involved in the conversion, my gut feel is he just took an inch off the pitch and said that'll be fine.
So thanks for the information provided.
I'll update this thread again once launched in the spring.
Smart move, just call and ask for customer service.