Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Furuno Click for Abeking

Need A/C help

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by Boomer, Jul 7, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. tbaxl

tbaxl Member

No diagnosis other than two weeks ago I had it topped off, and now nothing. I have decided to go another direction and see if we can locate the leak and patch it up for a little longer.
    $7600 is condenser and two air handlers, real issue is I am not ready to a large hole in the flybridge until I have pursued all options. Just need to find a guy who wants to earn some money and not just take mine.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

There isn't a door there for storage and to slide the unit in and out? Every sportfish I've been on has one, including the Oceans I've managed and it's large enough to slide the air handler out of and install the new one.
  3. tbaxl

tbaxl Member

I can not definitively say it will not but there is only one small door and not even sure we can access all the hold down bolts. I am not pulling the trigger on a new unit just yet, I am usually pretty good at finding a work around and if there is a way to get air handlers out and new one in, I will find it. Weather is turning cooler here so there is no immediate rush now, only when it gets hot will mama be after me.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

You need to find where the leak is and be sure. It could be anywhere. Could be the condenser (and as Other mentioned it s often one of the valves), one of the AH Or even in one of the lines.

A Few years ago I got a leak in the master AC of a 70 footer i was running. After searching with a sniffer it turned out to be a connection in one of the gas lines near the AH
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

OK, I have to ask, Topped of with R417a or R22?
    R417 was not around 22 years ago so it must have been a R22 system. Nobody in their rite mind would recharge a R22 system with R417 in any servicing condition. R22 system topped of with the synthetic R417a blend will not work also and that tech should of been kicked also.

I'm hoping this was not a DIY project, then a lil kick to you then.

Large hole in the fly bridge also confuses me.
    It is why there is always a real skinny kid in a good A/C crew.
  6. tbaxl

tbaxl Member

Have put everything on hold as far as replacement, this is not my first rodeo so going attempt to skin this cat myself and diagnose the issues until only option is replacement. I am somewhat concerned now as to the gas that someone may have put in, and will follow up this weekend when on the boat to report exactly what it has been retrofitted to. I’ll report back Monday week.