Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn Click for MotorCheck

Mike Kajan Yacht Designs II

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by Kajan, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Convertible roof.

http://www.magnummarine.com/100.html

Check out this and search the picture in the slideshow with the convertible roof. That looks really simple but great.

I mention this here as before we were talking about how to make open tender but with easy sunroof.

This I like
  2. Adventure 60'

How this looks? 60' adventure yacht open.

Many things possible like also without fly-bridge and fishing tower. I think will look much better then.

Also the seats in back can be out for more space or garage for dinghy or diving equipment.

Stunning I think.

This rendering is from Gloss design in Italy but is not on his site. Many other great renderings by the way, www.glossdesign.it

PS he allow me to show this picture and I'm not sure if this is in friction with YF rules, when is please delete.

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

William,

Please keep images under 640 pixels. I have reduced the pic above from 1024 pixels. Also, please keep in mind, this is Mike Kajan's design thread. Please open a new thread for topics and ideas unrelated to Mike's designs.

Thanks!
  4. _______

Thanks for editing but I thought it was lower, probably MAC trouble. I know is Mike's thread but I thought it is related regarding the tenders we went on.

In case it bothers I can replace it. Up to Mike I think. ;)
  5. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

William, I don’t mind you borrowing the thread but I will not post any new concepts or comment on this particular topic since it probably would be considered promoting your business and from my design point of view, giving you conceptual ideas for free ;)
  6. ___________
    Clear to me you do not like to discuss other ideas.

And nothing is for free in life just as I to propose you.

As a banker you should perfect know what I mean.

My father learn me to become better by respecting others sights.

Not any other intention I had here.

So as I said before, when Kajan not like it delete it.

No problem for me.
  7. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Fabulous Renditions

82m Modern Classic 101119 Kajan.jpg

Just came to this subject thread. What a collection of fabulous renditions !!
    I particularly liked this older style done up in a modern version.

regards, Brian
  8. brian eiland

Tri-Hull Explorer....with kite assist

Me too...more in the form of motorsailers.

But I was looking at some of the lines of this Explorer design you presented in posting #9 as a basis for the kite-assisted power tri-hull I suggested here:
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/general-sailing-discussion/8127-new-age-trawler-motorsailer-kite-assisted-poweryacht.html

Care to try your had at some suggestions for this tri-hull concept...both large and smaller??

Attached Files:

9. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Thanks Brian!

Here the 80m concept is shortened to 62m but I’m afraid the 2D side view doesn’t do the tri-hull justice.

/Mike

Attached Files:

10. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

A quick tri-hull conversion of the 95ft. concept with a set of IPS 1200’s.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  11. __________

Really beautiful design. For this one I'm really curious how the inside space will be and especially in the side hull.

Do you think they are wide enough to make comfortable space in it?
  12. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

I imagine the side hulls would be best suited for engine rooms and perhaps tender storage on a 90ft. craft but I think the hull would be wide enough for a bunk bed arrangement.
  13. ________

Therefor I think it is not seen that much these tri's. Too high costs to build against too little advantages.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
  14. brian eiland

You are both going back to the old ideas that plagued early multihull craft, particularly trimarans....trying to fill up all available hull spaces. Leave those outer hulls alone, they are for stability of the slender center hull. All three hulls are pretty slender for easy of pushing under engine power, or kite power. We're talking reasonably good performance under much smaller engine(s) for long range, economic of fuel operations in this new fuel world of MUCH higher prices.

But even with very slender hulls one can obtain nice big deck areas, and nice above-waterline accomodations and vistas.

Look at the deck area of this littoral ship on slender performance hulls
    http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/86215-post149.html

Yes, you will pay more for the construction of this style vessel, but the fuel savings and range capabilities may well make up for that extra cost.
  15. _____________

Hi Brain,

Yes, you're right here but the people are even now building yachts with the looks of 100 years ago known as endless beauties.
    Probably one reason why people not want/dare to try these tri's maybe.

Now why the navy is still building mono hulls for mine sweepers and hunters when tri's are faster, enough space and even more fuel economic?

Any idea?

Cheers, William
  16. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Well Gentlemen, if the Navy or Coast Guard starts to think smaller tri-hulls, we’re ready ;)

Attached Files:

17. _________

Whow, wish I had one like that.....like the grey colours.

Can you make rough sketch from interior lay-out?

Really curious.
  18. Kajan

Kajan Senior Member

Brian, I’m not sure if I managed to squeeze it all in there but let’s start out with this 77ft. concept.

Attached Files:

19. zeeshan66

zeeshan66 New Member

some fantastic renderings
  20. brian eiland

77 Tri-Hull Concept

Beautiful rendering Mike. :cool:

Guess I'm going to have to get my pencil out and start giving this idea more serious consideration. Sure would be nice to have a client interested in such an idea ;)

From the looks of things, I'm guessing this is just about as short a vessel one would want to go for this many deck levels. I didn't think 65 foot would work out for this amount of accomodations in a tri-hull configuration.

Cheers, Brian

PS: For those readers who might be wondering what we are speaking about, I had asked Mike what he thought a shorter version on the Kite-Assisted Trawler vessel I brought up over HERE might look like.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.