Click for YFYS Privacy Matters Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Cross

Midnight Lace / Cheoy Lee Goldenwave Fiberglass Hulls

Discussion in 'Midnight Lace Yacht' started by Mainbang, Sep 19, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Mainbang

Mainbang New Member

I am looking at a 44 Midnight Lace, built in 1985, and the hull was made by Cheoy Lee Goldenwave Shipyards. Some of the hulls made by them are solid fiberglass and I am wondering if anyone knows if the hull on a Midnight Lace is a cored hull or solid fiberglass? Thanks!
  2. Cheoy Lee Yachts

Cheoy Lee Yachts New Member

The 44 Midnight Lace did have a cored hull. It was conceived to be a highly efficient yacht, and weight reduction through advanced (at the time) construction techniques was key.

We have a copy of technical brochure available that goes into a bit more detail, if needed.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Speaking of CLs, an early 80s 70ish CL MY arrived on my dock a few days ago, purchased by one of my neighbors... Interesting looking boat, undergoing a refit at this time. I was looking at her and her lines... till I looked it up and realized that was also a Tom Fexas design. Not as graceful as a Midnight Lace but you can see the lineage and intersting curves.