Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder

Merry Christmas All!

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Capt Bill11, Dec 24, 2010.

1. airship

airship Senior Member

Wishing everyone here on YF a Merry X'mas and Happy New Year.

Please don't forget to feed the birds (in spite of all the "do not feed the bird signs") on cold days over the festive period. And throw back a few fish caught - it's Christmas time after all...?! Additionally,

1) to all Al-Qaeda groups and supporters, please postpone all planned attacks until after the Xmas festivities, in return for which,

2) the USA and allies in Afghanistan etc. promise not to use high-tech weaponry and drones in unannounced attacks on positions supposedly occupied by insurgents / terrorists but more often than not, end up killing civilians, at least until the 2nd week of January 2012.

To superyacht owners everywhere:

1) If you're using your yachts, then ensure that you pay suitable bonuses to your crew in "additional compensation" for working over the festive period.

2) On 25/12 and the eve of 31/12, please (at least attempt to) call your managing agents / brokers etc. in order to wish them all the best, whether or not you have an emergency aboard.

I believe that "I've said my peace or piece"?! Until 2012 then...
  2. wscott52

wscott52 Senior Member

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! Oh, and a Happy Holidays! to the rest of you.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Airship, couldn't you have just said Merry Christmas and left it at that?
  4. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and great New Year to all!
  5. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I agree, Best wishes for you, guys!
  6. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Happy Christmas everyone!

I hope that you have a joyful but peaceful time surrounded by those that you love.
  7. johnny mac

johnny mac New Member

8. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

^this^ again this year.
  9. CaptEvan

CaptEvan Senior Member

Thanks Johnny,

There are some impressive stills and footage in there, but honestly, it is a bit long to wait on with some of the less stimulating shots. Must assume you are the one with frozen wiskers. I applaud your tanker shots of 20-30's rolling down her sides. Indeed, the Great Lakes can muster up a world of respected/feared seas. Did not have the time to finish your submission, but cheers to you and your mates for bringing her home in one piece, and serving all of us with delivering the goods.

Merry Christmas to you, your crew, and families.
  10. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Got my Christmas present tonight. We had back to back homecoming missions with the Patriot Guard Riders. The first plane had a wounded warrior being along with the serviceman we were expecting. They were greated by their families and about 150 people and maybe 50 flags at attention for them. They went home behind half a dozen or so fire trucks with lights and sirens and about 40 bikes sporting flags.
    The second mission was too good to be true. As always, the soldier had no idea of the greeting that awaited him around the next turn, but this time had an extra surprise. His family knew he'd be coming home some time in the next few weeks, but they had no clue that he was coming home tonight. They came to the airport just to show support for a returning soldier. Imagine for a minute the sight when they saw their son.
    Now that's a Merry Christmas.