Click for Abeking Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Delta

Mathilda-Southern Breeze -Khalidia

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by Bram, Sep 6, 2008.

1. shubby

shubby New Member

HA! Is that you, Phil...?! K1W1 seems to say Kiwi...
  2. IanB

IanB New Member

3. Spike62

Spike62 New Member

London England, Ft Lauderdale Fla, Villefranche
    There you go Phil, (K1W1), and you thought that it would die...
  4. Spike62

Spike62 New Member

Dinnerx6.jpg

A recently found picture of 6 crew fromKhalidia, c 1972. L to R, Joey, Terry Skeffington, Annie, Christine, Me (Terry) and Djimi Boutrif. Sorry about the spelling guys. I can't guarantee anything these days! Any comments welcome...
  5. Spike62

Spike62 New Member

TV with scregg.jpg
    An old (?) shot of me as Captain of Monkey Business in Nantucket, circa 1979-80. presented on my birthday, along with a fabulous scrimshaw belt and a 'scrambled egg' cap - with real scrambled egg. Thanks Bruce and Dave Hart!
    4up Vfranche.jpg

A rare shot of - lower left clockwise - Bill Minneboo, Terry Skeffington, Martyn Reis-Jones and me. Trying to do something which we shouldn't have attempted in the first place, balancing on a bike after consumption of a barrel or three of Kronenburg in Les Palmiers, Villefranche.
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Spike, I am not Phil the chippie but I might be able to find out what happened to him. When I last sailed with him he was seriously loved up and gone ashore but have since heard he has returned the the business. I will have to extend my feelers and try to find out who told me that.
  7. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

8. bee

bee Member

I have been told that Premier Shipbuilding went bankrupt a couple of years ago and Khalidia was scrapped together with the shed.
  9. R_Blocker

R_Blocker New Member

I worked on the MY Southern Breeze out of Fort Lauderdale in the late 70's could anyone tell me what happened to her? And is there any pictures of her out there? I would like to know any info! The first officer was Ian Walsh. Thanks Richard Blocker,San Antonio,Texas USA
  10. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Hi Richard,
    Welcome to Yacht Forums! Yes, tons of pictures and videos of the old gal. Google Motor Yacht "Stargazer" and you'll find what your looking for. She sat across from us in Ft. laud. in the early eighties @ the 15th St. Fisheries while I was Chief on Circus Circus. What I do know about her is she underwent a major refit out in Seattle @ Stabbert Marine in 2005-2006 where her boat deck was transformed into accommodations and plumbing and wiring were gone through and replaced with a total interior refit. I believe the Fairbanks Morse mains were still there at that time but later removed in South America and replaced with 3508 Cats. She stayed in South America awhile and was a very successful charter boat in Patagonia cruising the fiords. She was featured in the last X-men movie where the anchor chain cuts her in two (digitally!) I know that she changed hands in 2013 but don't know if she actively charters or is kept strictly private.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  11. Navy Diver

Navy Diver New Member

Edge is that you 'this is Mike your buddy on khalidia 1980 the English man from the navy we did every thing together hope to here from you or one of the other crew.
  12. Navy Diver

Navy Diver New Member

Mike crew 1980 Virgin Islands anybody remember ,all those lobsters we caught with C/T.
  13. Navy Diver

Navy Diver New Member

14. Navy Diver

Navy Diver New Member

Mike x British navy joined khalidia in 1980 south of France hi!!!
  15. Navy Diver

Navy Diver New Member

Reunion would be fab , would love to here CT say dumfkikey buckikytiffer .mike later!!!!
  16. xdub

xdub New Member

Hi Richard,
    Just checked in here for the first time in a while,give me a shout and I will bring you up to speed,
    All the best,
    Ian
  17. IanB

IanB New Member

Mike, I hope you are well and that CT is in better shape than your Dutch, good memories from the 80's, I'll monitor this thread and would appreciate any updates, contact's, tales etc, treasured years!
  18. Navy Diver

Navy Diver New Member

Ian fabulous to here back from you "awesome " after all these years. Can you email me more info Email Address Removed Iam in Bethlehem pa USA.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  19. Navy Diver

Navy Diver New Member

20. Navy Diver

Navy Diver New Member

Ian great to hear from you ,very hard to correspond on this sight ,how can I get in touch with you. Will wait for message