Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

Maddoff loses Boat

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by K1W1, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

3. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Does anyone else find it ironic that he had a boat named "Bull"? In Madoff's case, I don't think it was a reference to a market on the upswing...
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Madoff is yesterday's news. I want to know when his wife and the rest of his crew are going to start doing jail time.
  6. Hattsoff

Hattsoff Member

This is an excellent site. I've read it for quite a while now and it's become part of my most enjoyable regular reading.

My first post, but this whole Madoff subject is interesting to me so I thought it was a good place to chime in.

I always thought the name of the boat was very ironic. More appropriate name would have been "Cook the Books" imho.

I have nothing good to say about him but he did have excellent taste in boats. That Rybo is beautiful. I wonder if he had the layout reconfigured or it was built that way with the aft galley?

Viking 58, to answer your question about the elevator, yes it is. There were some photos a few yrs back circulating from a Rybovich rendezous on this boat with some nice closeup pictures of it.
  7. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

He's been very much today's news on CNBC. :rolleyes:
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That says something about CNBC I guess, for the next rest of his life he'll be washing someone else's shorts. Nothing else means anything to him. Now his wife and cronies should still be in the news and in cuffs.:mad:
  9. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

Bull Polo Shirts

here are some custom Bull shirts on the block today. what is the burgee next to the NYYC? Personal burgee?

Attached Files:

• 339.jpg
      339.jpg
      File size:
      124.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Henning

Henning Senior Member

LOL, yeah, there's another indoor facility down the road as well for trailerable boats. I've picked up a lot of boats for them over the years. The maintenance issue is actually up to the bank that had them repoed or agency that that has them under arrest. They get whatever work done on them that the contractee authorizes. Many of the boats are on hold befor sale or waiting on disposition from the courts. Many are returned to the owners after the litigation settles, and sometimes that is months and even years. Larger vessels are often seized in situ and a custodian will go live on it until the court releases it, I even babysat a cruise ship a couple of times. In the mean time, only the work necessary to keep them from sinking is authorized. Most of the repos are in pretty sorry condition when they're picked up. Often it would take a day or twos work just to get them running and I'd have to get a diver to scrape a couple of years worth of growth off the bottom. Most people who can't make their payments aren't spending money on caring for the boat either.