Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker

| Lurssen | 58.49M | "RONIN" ex. "IZANAMI" | 1993/22 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 16, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Balko

Balko New Member

my professor asked for me the foster and partners office in london, but they won'T give out plans...

time is running!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006
  2. luders1949

luders1949 New Member

3. Gage Rowden7

Gage Rowden7 Senior Member

Maybe just no use for it. I wasn't expecting $106,900 for the price tag though.
  4. Chuckybas

Chuckybas Member

Nice find. I would think a very unique boat. Listing says 1, but appears 2 engines for a very small boat. Any great application for that? Especially to justify the price?
  5. captholli

captholli Senior Member

I purchased this 2004 28 ft Chris Craft Corsair from the management company that oversees Ronin and Sea Racer. This purchase was for a client 2 yrs. ago. The Corsair was one of two tenders chocked on the aft weather deck of Ronin under a stamoid cover when not in use and received the best care possible for living in such a hostile environment for 11 years making numerous Atlantic crossings and then Caribbean seasonal use.. The boat had just about every component large and small replaced over the time it was aboard as the receipts and kept maintenance log books attested to. These items replaced included complete interiors inside and out. New Volvo engine and outdrive, controls, new paint etc. While the selling price was very reasonable and the boat surveyed well, it's been problematic electrically as the salt corroded the electrical harness at every contact and systems aren't reliable to function all of the time. Replacing the harness is all but impossible due to the nature of construction methods Chris Craft utilizes when the cap and liner are out of the boat systems were being installed / laid in along with the harness. These type of vessels don't fare well on top of super yachts over long periods of time in the environments even when the yachts engineers are on top of them maintenance wise. Beautiful boats but questionable as tenders. BTW, this vessel had less that 500 hours use as Ronin's tender.

photo 4 (26).JPG
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Don't see too many videos of this vessel moving around.