Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay

| Lurssen | 147.25M | "A+" ex. "TOPAZ" ex Project Topaz | 2012 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Yacht News, May 13, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

How sad...think about the thousands of people in the yachting industry who were/are kept employed by those people who have everything...I remember an article from the prominent German magazine Der Spiegel spewing its hatred and derision for the owner of Eclipse....chastising him for an extravagant display of wealth for building something (even though planning and construction started years before the world economic collapse) when people are suffering...yet making no connection to the large numbers of electricians, plumbers, steel workers, etc etc etc who made wages, paid bills/taxes, put food on the table and kids through school....

Let's face it...there is a vast sea of wealth out there and there will always be....I too would love to be so wealthy to build such a toy, but if I did, I would spend the same amount on charities, children, the environment, the arts, nature/wildlife, you name it....maybe even blood banks for you to visit...

In closing, Topaz is a STUNNING yacht and I am happy for the lucky owner to sail in such a magnificent vessel...keep the big beautiful ladies coming!!!!!

Cheers,
  2. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

What are the chances we might ever see a report/review of the interior of this yacht?? I too now see the similarities to Pelorus (still one of my favorite beauties to this day)....just curious...

Cheers,
  3. pelorusx5

pelorusx5 New Member

topaz interior

Well I have just done a few days work on the interior of Topaz getting ready for the upcoming owners trip in Nice!
    What can I say Terence Tisdale another master piece! He is such a talented designer! The interior was what I expected from such a designer. Having worked on another of his master pieces for 4 yrs. He still amazes me!

Wonderful job!
  4. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Gasp...you TEASE...yes, Terence Disdale IS a very talented designer...there are so many tasty designers out there it would be fun to build a HUGE yacht and let a few designers do each deck...Disdale for one, Zuretti for another, Andrew Winch for another...LOL!!!!!!

Cheers,
  5. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I cannot think of a bigger nightmare!

It's hard enough to get one designer to follow through with a cohesive theme, let alone a whole bunch of them. They keep wanting to make statements.

An Italian, Indian and BBQ chef all putting their food on one plate? Not fine dining in my book.

Personally I don't want a glittery Disco ball in my reading room. :D
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I have t agree with you on that one Dave.

Having worked with TD and AW amongst others I can see there being arguments about where each's "section" finishes. I do not see a happy medium between TD's limed oak and AW's Dark Woods other than a bare steel wall which s probably what you would be left with as each blamed the other as being responsible for the meeting point.

Very much like the sub suppliers of equipment always blame the installers and the installers blame the sub suppliers on a normal new build.
  7. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

One or two new pics of her on MT. She is somewhere different now, Someplace called Olbia? can't help you where that is..looks like she was still taking onstuff.
  8. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Olbia is a town on the island Sardinia, Italy.
  9. Kraut

Kraut New Member

And Eclipse is not too far away from Olbia. Maybe Roman wants to glimpse at a boat that was more expensive than his own (or maybe he already did). It is rumoured, that Abramowicz was at Lürssen a few weeks ago. At least that's what was written in a local newspaper.

Last week I was talking to somebody who returned from Topaz / Nice. He reported that the finishing works are almost done and that nearly everything is 100% now.
  10. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Topaz is now in Porto Rotondo, near Pelorus. This year the med summer season has been delayed for the giga-yachts, due to the rammadan, but is now in full swing. Capri hosts now Eclipse and Al Mirqab, among other.

Apparently, it is rumored, Topaz was ordered by a client in KSA, who died, and was then sold, unfinished, to its current owner from Abu Dhabi.
  11. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

The fact that was ordered by a client in KSA explains the otherwise strange coincidence in length with the Saudi Royal yacht, Prince Abdulazziz.
  12. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Topaz massive beam of 22 meters also remainds me of Al Salamah (24 meters), the yacht it was apparently meant to replace.
  13. Yacht News

14. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Great pictures! The second is the best of all the ones that I have seen. She has many hull openings, must be quite a show to see her if full use. Thank you very much!
  15. Yacht News

My goodness...Green! and Red and purple...interesting. Sure would be a spectacle.
  16. Kraut

Kraut New Member

You should see here á la Las Vegas in all shades of blue, green, purple, yellow, orange, red --> THE SAME TIME :D .
    There is a rumour Topaz will return to Bremen within the next few days, weeks, at least this month. Her 'parking position' has already been marked on the Lürssen pier.
  17. Yacht News

18. Kraut

Kraut New Member

On saturday or sunday. I am looking very forward to her return.