Click for Glendinning Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay

| Lurssen | 124.3M | "KATARA" ex. Project 'Crystal' | 2010 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by K1W1, Apr 30, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Not a problem Bill. The best place to find out those pics are in Marine Traffic. Aegean University made a wonderful site, with lot of errors, of course, but still the best. It is new and then clear many adjustments still need. I don't know if mods here will delete my link cause you know, same approachs, but then here you are. :) The satdome-shiitake pop-up spread disease is the main problem on the top of her, but the rest is pretty ok beauty shaped and nice.
  2. ovy

ovy New Member

I can confirm that project crystal is going to Bremen as stated by K1W1
  3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

LOL!! Lars you make me laugh!
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

She has either been anchored or doing some manoeuvring trials just in the harbour in town for a few hours but is now showing it is under way back down the river towards Vegesack
  5. Not only this 'AL SAID' is back to Lürssen since some days... and at Aberking & Rasmussen is something like a new yacht '19348' signal...
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Don't believe everything you see on AIS. The boat shown in the aerial photo is a German Coastguard Vessel. It is not the vessel that is currently alongside in the position indicated by AIS
  7. I know that, it has many errors. Other day i saw a ship going up the A7 Autobahn after the tunnel, sometimes is seen what to be ships running 70knots in north seas, if those are aircrafts like Cessnas running lower in the range i don't know. Other day also i saw a ship in middle Africa, it was a tanker and had no river. Reason why i wrote like that 'SOMETHING LIKE' and that was i mentioned to be a fishing question you got and answered. Thanks.... :p But then explain me, how could be so many errors there? ;) And for about ship types, OMG... But is still a good reference... I make my Selections, keep cool! I understand they are still improving it! Maybe Greece problems Germany have to pay... Unfortunatly! :D
  8. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I don't know what 19348 is unless it is the cardinal mark alongside the berth at Abekings, it is not an Abeking or Lurssen Hull No.

If you had been to sea in the days of SATNAV you would be accustomed to finding your self travelling alongside rivers or amongst the sand dunes when on coastal passages.

That probably goes someway to explain why I occasionally have dreams about ships travelling down the road - In my dream they seem to run just fine along the tarmac.
  9. Normally when appears a new ship in AIS registration at software lists of their online sat registration, it appears first like that, which says to me it could be a new launch. I know it is no Hull Nr., but internal AIS references only. Maybe only Laveller in loco could explain... Yeah if a small boat is at a trailler truck on road going somewhere with equipments running still on, then i can understand your dreams or a small sail pulled by a car, but otherwise for big ships... welll, really impressive how they do. Then only Sandra Burlock to explain like Seabourn Cruise ship to hit the town in film.
  10. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

The beauty in my head.
  11. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Thanks for the tip MK. I enjoyed viewing the photos on that site. I also agree that the multiple SAT domes are a real design killer!
  12. Yacht News

13. Ocean

Ocean Member

Project Crystal Name Plate Riddle

Using wonderful photos of Leveller I dare say that I read the partially-hidden name-plate of this yacht and my variant is "CALIOPA".:)
    Has anybody their own variants?
  14. Chronomaster

Chronomaster New Member

Hi all,

i have a variant, and i think it is the final variant ;)
    Her name is "Katara". I pictured her an hour ago on the "Weser" in front of Bremerhaven.

/picture reduced by mod/

Attached Files:

15. Ocean

Ocean Member

Thanks a lot, Chronomaster.
    The Riddle is solved!
    Have you got another shots of her?
  16. Yacht News

Thanks for the confirmation Chronomaster and welcome to Yacht Forums. "Katara" is a nice name, personally I like it. Ocean, your guess was wayyy off..lol
  17. Yacht News

18. Yacht News

19. Yacht News

20. Ocean

Ocean Member

I agree. Though, definitely, they were designed by the same person and in the same manner Katara looks more like a Yacht than Al Said which, architechturally resembles more cruise ship than Mega/Giga-Yacht.