Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Comfort

| Lurssen | 110M | "RADIANT" ex. Project Darius | 2009 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 19, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

How 'bout we stop posting links to Marine Traffic because they don't link back to us?
  2. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I think it would be sad if we had to stop posting Marinetraffic links because there are so many nice photos! Links of Shipspotting or flickr do not link back to us as well, or?
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, anybody can look for themselves, same as with most of the YouTube links we are getting. Following all the moves of all the yachts is not so important as getting the first glimpse of new launches.
  4. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

I agree. It had occurred to me that we are gradually turning more towards being a 'spotting' site with all those links. Members can still say where they have found something - but without the link.
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

The latest shot of "Radiant" on MT is in Genova, nice stern-on photo.
  6. vlafrank

vlafrank Senior Member

Geneva? As in Switzerland? Do you mean Genova?
  7. Yacht News

It said Genova, but I know there is a place called Genoa in Italy so it probably is the same place.
  8. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

"Radiant" just completed an extensive, 10 months taking refit at Lürssen in Wilhelmshafen. She has been there before and alsp "Pelorus" got there her last Lürssen refit.

I am curious what was done as it took so long and there are no exterior alliterations visible.
  9. Yacht News

That explains why she vanished off the radar!
  10. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

On Monday, some newspapers in Northern Germany had a picture of the Lürssen yard in Wilhelmshaven (Neue Jade Werft) in the news, that was showing Radiant hidden behind the floating dock. Today she was gone, as I was talked.
  11. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

On this local non commercial Wilhelmshaven website are several pictures of Radiant at the Neue Jade Werft during her refit. This website has frequent pictures of big yachts, as both Lürssen and A&R call Wilhelmshaven port for intermediate stops during their seatrails. It safes the long travel on the Weser River to Lemwerder.

During the last stay of Radiant at the Neue Jade Werft, April 2010, I have made pictures myself from the same position. Radiant seems to be a repeated customer at this Lürssen Yard.

Attached Files:

12. Yacht News

13. Yacht News

14. denkerphoto

denkerphoto New Member

15. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Radiant at the MYS 2013

Saw her for the first time ever at Monaco during the MYS 2013, last month.

Attached Files:

16. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Radiant under extensive refit again at Luerssen Wilhelmshaven. Pictures provided by family intel :) (My son in law).

IMG_00001.JPG IMG_00002.JPG IMG_00003.JPG IMG_00004.JPG IMG_00005.JPG
  17. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Three more

IMG_00006.JPG IMG_00007.JPG

Looks like a larger paint job is comming up on her also. This yacht is really a very good customer at Luerssen Wilhelmshaven.

On the other side of the Wilhelmshaven harbour, the German Navy Auxillary Ship A-1413 Bonn, launched 2013. That boat would make a nice shadow boat for a larger yacht, wouldn't it? Lots of diesel and Jet A-1 tankage, space for large supplies below and above deck (tender), a complete hospital and a big helicopter landing deck with instrument and night landing capability and hangar for 2 very large helicopters plus acommodation for tnder and spare crew. Just joking but still a great idea :D.

IMG_0010.JPG
  18. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yeah looks like she returns mostly for every refit to Lürssen. Thanks for the photos.

Btw. Although you were just joking but "Al Said" actually uses a similar typ of naval ship as her support vessel. I am talking about the 137m "Fulk Al Salamah" built by the Bremer Vulkan in 1987 what is now known as Lürssen Vegesack. A bit outdated but it fulfills most of the characteristics you mentioned. This is really something only suitable and desirable for Royals from that part of the world.

Attached Files:

19. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

I know a few guys in the yacht business who have been on the above including 2 who were on here when delivered.
  20. Chuckybas

Chuckybas Member

K1W1, do they have any interesting or remarkable things you could share, without giving away anything unprofessional? She is an interesting ship serving an interesting role.