Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Comfort Click for Mulder

| Lurssen | 110M | "RADIANT" ex. Project Darius | 2009 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 19, 2009.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

2. exactly, passing now Airbus and Pilot Lotse2 on her. 23 PM, Germany time to go Elbe river in front city... ;) In 20min in front Dockland & Fischmarkt. Well, as Eclipse is still at same position Dock 12, Orca as before side Dock 5, Nahlin totally covered besides Dock 4....
    She is berthed at Landusbrücke. People can be side-by-side with her.....
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
  3. my Lürssen Radiant 2010 - Pics...

Talking about exterior only ...

Well, some interesting pictures. Analysis & Reviews:
    01. The Hull requires imo a complete review, many places to be redone, because has many imperfections. The reflections curves & lines are waving and without harmonic curvatures...
    02. It is clear the stern comes from a simplification of Pelorus project. It is seen that the surfaces do not match as the folder parts in the other, but still a very nice marina.
    03. Well, actually those 2 points at stern-sides seems strange, easy to get inside from intruders. I would say not necessary at all imo, if not as stabililators functionality reasons also to be there.
    04. The 2 upper decks needs review in whole along side, i would join with a complete fore to aft mirror window stripe covering all those windows to bring harmony. If that, then all front windows with mirrored skin to be all the same effect continuous to the side ... The step would be grey color like hull, fits better imo.
    05. The inside walls at grey-green hull should be with same color of hull imo. This white does not fit, mainly in white windows' frames.
    06. The name 'Radiant' at side and aft (like 'George Town' written) would be better in chrome effect also imo.
    07. The Anchor & its house needs a shinning brilliant appearance to be better like a stainless steel brushed all the parts.
    08. I personally didn't liked the Flag Mast not in center at all. And color of it not in black.
    09. Some dark lines of movable panels like the ones in tender doors tend to not be all the same wide, seemed to me.
    10. The rest seems ok, see photos below.

Attached Files:

4. More about...

Attached Files:

5. Yacht News

MKM, you have outdone yourself this time! Excellent pictures, thanks!
  6. brunick

brunick Senior Member

Pelorus with some changes ^^
    the top deck is really nice but i like the foldable swimplatform more than this open stern

nice pics, thanks :)
  7. Yacht News

She really does look like "Pelorus" in many aspects especially the stern area minus the foldable bathing/docking platform. However, there are still alot of differences that make her different.
  8. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Enough to call her a sister?
  9. 1. The Hull is the same project with stern simplifications, but same production tooling. Also the Anchor house is complete the same.
    2. Mast is different as you can see the positions and support of satdomes.
    3. Windows are in different positions which says the interior is another.
    4. Side stair is also much quite simpler than the other.
    5. Many other details differences.

Well, then it is a same project with a lot of simplifications can i say. Yes, a 'poorer' sister.

I am doing some of i would think to better fit in this project to have more harmony as whole project that imo would not be much difference high costs, but details which i think would be nicier. I will post later in 'Design Discussions', according my reviews above.
  10. Yacht News

Well I have never seen a side boarding ladder as complicated as "Pelorus's" own. That is well is a subjective view, I am sure there are other's out there that are intricate as well.

In terms of her being a sister to Pelorus? Why not say that "Radiant" is a sister of "Dilbar"?
  11. Yes, RADIANT & DILBAR are sisters, but not twins and both daughters of PELORUS. Happy now!!! ;)

The only difference of the side ladder is that in Pelorus the entrance is parallel to the ship while here in Radiant its straight perpendicular to her, so this movement simplification. Another simplifications are that in Pelorus has the folded windows to make hull clean after, while here again it is just a passage hole, nothing more. There is a corridor between hull and windows' wall (which imo should have been as same as color of hull, not white), hull is not totally clean as exterior, i mean has holes, see pictures:

Attached Files:

12. Yacht News

Yes I can be satisfied with that explanation now!
  13. Yacht News

14. brunick

brunick Senior Member

the radiant, pelorus and dilbar series, the first 110m production series yacht in the world :D
  15. Yacht News

Well kind of...but isn't "Pelorus" 377-feet long? Making her around 114-meters?
  16. @ Brunick: Strange, but you are totally right. It is a question of less costs using the same toolings and doing only the details different. If this happens in cruise ships some projects for Carnival, Costa, MSC, Cunard and others, using same project redoing all with other 'Trade marks' strong character, why not in small private cruise ships = bigger yacths?! you know... also in yacht industry has those costs reductions for sparing something, production costs.. ;)

@ YN: Yes, but you always can remove a middle section in hull, to fit something, adjusting the toolings, like is done in aircrafts to have your 4m less, A320, A319, A318 family for example. Common 4m is just 3.6% only, not that really much. So again Pelorus, because of the 4m continuous to be the Mother of both. :D
  17. bigboatbill

Thank God we cleared that up! It only took two threads, multiple pictures, and relentless, shameless prodding! ........now, Who's on first?!;)
  18. brunick

brunick Senior Member

nanaaa don't speak like that talking about my 3 yachts :D
  19. bigboatbill

You should have stopped with Pelorus and spent the rest on Tatoosh and a nice estate on Maui!:D
  20. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

MYK - You make repeated references to "tooling" when making your statements.

What exactly are you referring to with this?