Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for Cross

| Lürssen | 180.00M | "AZZAM" ex Project 'Azzam' |2013 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Milow232, May 24, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

"Azzam" still moored at Lürssen Aumund, though it seems like she is completed as no work was there going on.

Finally I had the chance to see "Azzam" in Bremen, I do not think she looks good but also not that bad some photos suggests. For getting a feeling for "Azzam" you need to see her in person..

Attached Files:

2. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

The outside looks okay, but the inside is plain vulgar!!!
  3. force1

force1 New Member

The article also stated that the final cost of Azzam would be 600 million euros ($810 million)
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

5. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

6. Hobbzee

Hobbzee New Member

I see it's been announced that Azzam was delivered on 22nd October? That was kept quiet. I am impressed that she can do 30 knots!! I can't wait to see some in depth reviews and photo's.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  7. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Yep the 22nd October 2013 is truly a memorable day for superyacht history with "Eclipse" being offically eclipsed as the largest yacht in the world! And all this with just a few weeks delay... "Azzam"is an incredible achievement for Lürssen and everyone involved!

Although I have got the feeling that there will be a new #1 within the next 3 years...

Hehe once she arrived in her 'operating area' I guess you will not see much of her let alone a review!
  8. Belle

Belle Member

I almost asked the dumb question of the day and that was had anyone here been on a yacht that size. Duh. Ok, didn't do that.

But, have any of you been on any of these 400' yachts. Even the 300'? I guess I'm just having a hard time imagining what the experience is like and why own one other than "because you can." I can't say negative because I've never been on one, but I don't get what the joy is on one that size.
  9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

The experience is much like being on any boat.

You get used to it and it seems normal pretty quickly , I went back for a visit on a 55m yacht I had been around the world on after working on an 80m one, I wondered where the aft deck had gone to when I first stepped aboard it seemed so small.
  10. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Why are all beds not twin size?
  11. Belle

Belle Member

Thanks for sharing, Kiwi. I was on a 60m not long after we got here and it just seemed strange, but at the time I hadn't been on a boat over 10 meters or so. Now, that I've been on 40m a bit, then the 60m might not feel so strange. I'm guessing most work up to it so it's not as big a step up.
  12. Belle

Belle Member

Oh, I can answer that one...but better not publicly....

It is all a matter of tastes, I know. But just always try to understand. For instance, I don't want to own a sailboat but by getting out on some, I do understand why some people want them so much and the aspects of sailing they love. Just can't relate to the 400' plus so love to talk to those who have been on them. I've been on a twin bed so no questions there...
  13. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Why is Azzam still in Bremen, if it was delivered one month ago?
  14. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

15. Yachtguymke

Yachtguymke Senior Member

Largest I have been on -

96m. After the first week, it's just another boat...
  16. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

I cann't help feeling its unfair to compare Azzam with Standart. Standart was and still remains (although gone) an exquisite yacht, admired by all yacht enthusiasts that saw it. Azzam is more a product of our days, and certainly not admired by all.

This page has all available info on Standart:

Imperial Yacht Standart
  17. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Back to the topic...

Lürssen uncovered the nameplates yesterday and I am also seeing her flying the UAE flag for the first time. So she will probably leave Germany really soo now.
    I just wonder why this did not take place during her supposed hand-over on 22nd October.
  18. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

How can Azzam still be in Bremen if it was delivered in October? What is going on? All reasonable explanations, like the owner requesting further changes to that indescriptible interior design, are way past due. Will we ever find out what's going on?
  19. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It is still there because the docklines and shore power are attached to it at one end and the dock at the other end.

If you knew what was involved in the major change of an interior to something you and some others might like on a new vessel of this size and opulence you would understand that 3 months will be barely enough time to get the client to agree what needs to be changed, the pricing needs to be submitted, design, production drawings produced. The furniture etc has to be manufactured, custom carpets and fabrics woven and the list goes on.

I do not know why it is still at the yard but doubt the fact you don't like the interior is the paramount reason.
  20. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

Who said that the reason is my dislike of the interior? Can you read my post above?

A yacht still at the yard almost 3 months after delivery is strange. Strange meaning not normal. Has nothing to do with me.

If I hurt your feelings because you love those interiors, I'm sorry.