Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for Cross

| Lürssen | 104.00M | "QUANTUM BLUE" ex Project Quantum Blue | 2014 |

Discussion in 'Lurssen Yacht' started by Milow232, Jul 25, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

"Quantum Blue" hit the water today! As you might know exterior was designed by Tim Heywood and her lenght is reportedly 103 meters.
    I am shure Yachtnews will upload the press release with additional information soon.

For me she looks like a stylish, better looking version of 110m "Dilbar". Although her hull paint is white. Those 6 exhaust pipes might indicate that "Quantum Blue" has got a diesel-electric propulsion system?
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Looks very "Topaz" mixed with a bit of "Dilbar" and clearly you can see Tim Heywood designed it.
  3. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Her bathing platform is quite long, reminding me of Phoenix 2.
  4. nmna

nmna Senior Member

Her final name appears to be "Quantum Blue" too, just like the project name.
  5. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

DE setup

Milow, I do not believe Quantum Blue has an DE setup. This exhaust fairing above the waterline and the streamlined outlet below the waterline is very similar to the one on Rising Sun (also this one only with 2 engines). My guess would be 2 big mechanical propulsion drives with shaft an wheel and dry stack genis with switchable exhaust outlets on top of the ship and above the WL.

I have "ordered" family intel to the scene :D. Will post pictures as soon as available.

Attached Files:

6. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

7. German Yachting

That is a great shot! Any idea if the blue trim is permanent?
  8. Yacht News

I think that is protective film. Night shot looks great though!
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The photo from the above link arrived today with a press release from Lurssen...

Attached Files:

10. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

11. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Quantum Blue

Family intel was a total failure (for some excusable reasons). But as we say, if Moses does not come to the mountain, the mountain has to come to Moses. So, I took the time and did go myself :p.

Thanks to Lürssen, Quantum Blue was very conveniently "parked" for spotting. The terrace of a nice cafe on the opposite side of the Weser river with great coffee and cake was my spot. Are`nt we spoiled.

I must say, Quantum Blue (which looks like to be her final name) is a well proportioned ship. Tim Heywood and Lürssen did a great job. She does not look like 103 Meters in length at all. If you look at the little sailboot passing her on one of the pictures, you may be able to imagine her large volume. I would estimate her at about 3.800 to 4.000 GT.

I am pretty sure, by looking at her stainless steel exhaust fairing on the hull and the big streamlined outlet below, that she has a mechanical propulsion setup plus switchable outlets for the genis.

If you look at the area below the wing station, you will see a retractable step from the bridge deck down to the ownerdeck. You will find the same feature on Azzam. This is the solution for the maximum privacy on the owner deck during normal operation and fulfillment of the class requirements for sufficient emergency passageways on larger ships.

Attached Files:

12. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Some more

When having seen some general arrangement plans of larger Lürssen yachts, one can clearly estimate the internal layout of Quantum Blue. I do not believe, she was built for an middle east owner.

Will provide more pictures, when the protective covers are removed.

Attached Files:

13. German Yachting

Great shots, thanks! She is very well designed and is starting to become one of my favorites.
  14. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

Thank you for the photographs. I have been hoping for some new photos and these have certainly provided a treat. I believed Kismet would occupy my imagination for some time to come, but I believe Quantum Blue has now claimed the top spot. Espen Oeino and Tim Heywood are both phenomenal designers.
  15. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

16. German Yachting

17. Yacht News

That photo is gorgeous! Wow.
  18. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

The problem is, the picture was either taken from a larger ship, passing by or not from public ground. I would not be able to make a picture from such an angle other than entering the Lürssen facilities at Aumund. But still a very nice picture :D.
  19. Yacht News

LOL well you would know better than I do! The person did what they had to do to get a great photo, I hope they are not in a cell as we speak.
  20. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

This was not meant as criticism. We have a law in Germany, which says, a picture is legal without permission, as long as it was taken from public ground. The guy was most likely fully legal, because he published the picture. I was just saying, I could not legally reach his position, when he was taking that great picture. The big community of yacht lovers and spotters gets them ALL :D.