Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Delta Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay

Little Custom Post Ideas

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by kubu, Dec 5, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Davidoc

Davidoc Senior Member

LED Running Lights

I wonder if anyone has found a way to upgrade the running lights to LED's?
  2. ruby

ruby Member

you can get led replacement bulbs that fit almost any light
  3. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    I'm currently work the other way around, 4 Seablaze 3 Lumitec Blue LED Lights

s-Image1.jpg

Easy to install, huge amount of light, longlife, and just under 1k (DIY)
  4. ESSRTEE8

ESSRTEE8 Member

One issue you might come across is the color of the red and green change when you put an LED light in a normal fixture. Green isn't as green, red is pinkish.
  5. Off Duty

Off Duty Member

Found these about two years ago, very bright and reliable. Unfortunately I can't remember the manufacturer but I found them on a google search.

Attached Files:

6. Off Duty

Off Duty Member

Lots of Upgrades

1. Master Bedroom Flatscreen TV and Drawer

2.Galley Vent cover in Teak to keep wind from blowing in while running.

3. Galley vent cover off.

4.Teak panels on Fridge.

5. Additions to left side of breaker panel. From top: Water tank level and switch (Standard), Backup generator seacock electric valve control with indicator lights, block heater switches, backup generator start/stop/preheat, backup generator hour meter and main/backup genset master switch. Digital indicators on main panel.

Attached Files:

7. Off Duty

Off Duty Member

Lots of Upgrades #2

1. Salon TV cabinet modified for Samsung 42" LED TV with surround sound speaker bar on top.

2. TV mounted on 12V hydraulically operated pistons to get to storage area and back of stereo rack.

3. Bridge dash redesigned for Raymarine E90W units, no more bouncy analog gauges! Switches and indicator lights mounted to right. Additional displays on right side of dash under chart holder with cover to prevent charts from blowing around. Edson steering wheel and cup holders. NMEA 2000 Data provided by analog/digital converter mounted behind breaker panel in salon.

4. New Stidd helmchairs, expensive but possibly the best upgrade yet, can do 24 hours in chair without back ache. Had to remove rear teak valance in salon to install new larger backing plate, did not have to remove headliner.

5. Switlik 6 man liferaft installed on bracket in bridge, keeps it out of the weather and is easy to deploy through the side canvas. It will inflate next to the cockpit where people will most likely be escaping from. No need to go up to bow and pull raft to stern in heavy seas or fire.

Attached Files:

8. Off Duty

Off Duty Member

Lots of Upgrades #3

1. Nautica 12' tender on deck, Marquipt 1500 Hydraulic davit. New Bomar hatches. 88 pound Rocna anchor on pulpit, ugly but effective.

2.Nextgen 8kw backup genset under cockpit in hush box. Runs all A/C, refrigeration and battery chargers, nearly silent in master stateroom. Didn't mind losing the fish box, I use insulated fishbags anyway.

3. Rear folding shade.

4. Removable roof ladder can be left on while running if necessary, usually stored in bridge seat on port side. No more opening the canvas and struggling up the corner ladders.

Two other great upgrades not pictured are a Dry Bilge System and a common A/C water outlet. The Dry Bilge is a vacuum pump that gets every last drop of bilge water out. I also chose to route the A/C condensate from the forward units through tubing to the shower sump to help reduce the bilge water volume. The second upgrade was to install a two inch pvc pipe along the starboard side of the engine room to the stern where it exits next to the generator exhaust. The three A/C units where disconnected from their existing thru hull discharge fittings and tapped into this pipe. It stops the hull yellowing from the constant splashing and you don't have to listen to the splashing noise all night.

Attached Files:

9. Off Duty

Off Duty Member

Underwater Lights

I installed Imtra fiber optic lights some years ago, they were a good solution at the time. I just installed 7 Aqualuma 12 Series and they are great. The old lights worked on 120V power and pulled enough amps to require managing the load. These are 12V only pulling two amps each. Three in the transom, two on the sides and two aimed straight down. They project blue and/or white light and can burn in or out of the water, no heat issues. I run the lights off their own Odyssey dry battery with a separate 15 Amp Charles Industries battery charger. The Odyssey batteries are, by the way, excellent. Smaller, lighter and no acid. The battery for the lights can be quickly hooked up to the main banks if I have a failure far away from civilization.

Attached Files:

10. kubu

kubu Member

OFF DUTY... love what you have done and thanks for the pictures.

I also installed the 3 Lumitec Blue LED Under Water Lights
    about 2 years ago and love them. I get a ton of comments about them from people walking up and down the dock. Purchased some of their spreader lights but have yet to install them.:)
  11. ruby

ruby Member

Mirrors removed

Finally I removed the outdated mirror panel in front of the master stateroom. Thank god I think that I finally mastered matching the teak factory color.
  12. P46-Curaçao

Post some pictures Ruby!
  13. ruby

ruby Member

Mirrors removed

Finally I removed the outdated mirror panel in front of the master stateroom. Thank god I think that I finally mastered matching the teak factory color.

Attached Files:

14. ruby

ruby Member

Off Duty, are you MOS?
  15. P46-Curaçao

Woww, that's a real good looking panel!!!
  16. ruby

ruby Member

Master stateroom and master head finally completed and back together

Attached Files:

17. mwwhit1

mwwhit1 Senior Member

Ruby your wood panel for the anchor locker looks great!! I removed the mirror too but took the easier way out and made upholstered panels. Divided into thirds to somewhat hide the door. Outer panels have a couple of screws from the back holding them and the center has velcro. It was easy with the mirror as a template.

I also had the 80's bullet lights in the master and salon. I converted them to semi-recessed with halogen under cabinet lights. Removed the fixture, used a metal hole saw for the light diameter, then painted. Been trouble free for 10 years. Best part is the headliner goes untouched. Great winter project if you want an easy change.

Keep up the good work. Mark.

Attached Files:

18. Off Duty

Off Duty Member

Nope - Taxi Business
  19. P46-Curaçao

My new PVC ceiling...

(Imported from Holland)

sIMG00469-20131031-1213.jpg
  20. kubu

kubu Member

Just a few pictures of the boat from a few weeks ago. The under water lights get a ton of attention on the the dock. Sea Blaze under water lights.

Attached Files: