Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service

Latest Wally Designs...

Discussion in 'Wally Yacht' started by AMG, Mar 14, 2005.

1. tantetruus

tantetruus New Member

uh, love it!
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Guys, I merged the thread from "Jet Yachts" into the "Latest Wally Designs". Sorry for any confusion, but it's important that we keep theads on the right subject and under the appropriate title.

You'll appreciate this in the future when you perform a "search" for specific information. It makes a BIG difference.

Thanks for understanding. :)

Carl
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Great googly moogly! I want one!! :eek: I can't read a lick of German (despite the family name) so could anyone translate the basic details please?
  4. tantetruus

tantetruus New Member

fiberglass hull, hull and deckhouse glued, primerd and filled, completed with a GERMAN MANUAL... :p
    Sorry, life s...s
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Price tag?

Is this a kit for sale with hardware included?

Or is it just someone's personal "one off" design?
  6. tantetruus

tantetruus New Member

No pricing yet; appaers to be work in progress
  7. promoceanmodels

promoceanmodels Member

@kevin

write an e-mail to Ulli and he can answer the questions. Maybe it's possible, to get the whole thing RTR.
  8. JonS

JonS Senior Member

I might be 24, but.. i want one, i want one! :D

Kevin, if you hear back with any more details, let us all know won't you.

:)
  9. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I didn't have time to write out an email last night, but I will today. I'll never be able to afford a 1:1 scale Wally, so that one might be as close as I'll ever get. LOL
  10. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I was looking through the latest issue of Yacht Design this week, and found a brief article about Gloss Design featuring their 30m yacht, which to me looks kinda' like a "conservative" Wallypower.

Also in the same issue was an ad for Cyclonyx showing rendering for their yacht (a 140), which is very reminiscent, almost to the point of being a rip-off, of the Wallypower.

Interesting... there must be a demand for the design, despite what some people say. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
  11. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

I didnt know that magazine was still around. I have about 5 copies I saved from 2001-2002 it just vanished from all the favorite book stores. Do you have any info on subscriptions or a website? This is the italian magazine with the big navy blue YD on the cover? they always had great sketches and yard news.
  12. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Yes, that's the mag, and yeah, it's in Italian, mostly. The articles are actually bilingual (Italian/English). It's a really great publication I find... covers stuff that others don't.

As for subscription info... I'm not entirely sure. Outside the articles, everything is written only in Italian, which I can't read. So, the closest thing I can provide in terms of information is their email: yachtdesign@darp.it Hope that helps.
  13. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Wally 67 launched...!

Suddenly, for me anyway, the first Wallypower 67 is launched!

A more affordable yacht than the Wally 118, eventhough built with just a master cabin this Lunch Boat is very Wally...;)

But if you would like three cabins, it can also be done. Read more here;
    http://www.*********/jumpch.asp?idChannel=136&idUser=0&attivo=2-4-1

Attached Files:

14. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Awesome! I didn't realize it was that close to launch either. :D
  15. speeder

speeder New Member

:eek: in my opinion it looks terrible. The 118" was a really beautiful yacht but this one looks :eek: Why aren`t the electronical instruments hidden in the top?
  16. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

The cluttered roof is definitely a shortcoming. I checked out some other pics on the Wally site and I'm a little less impressed now. In profile, I find the greenhouse is somewhat out of proportion to the hull.
  17. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

The fore deck overhang is something that I don't think I'd get used to looking at.
    The function works but seeing it day after day ...... I'd be thinking that there had to be a better way.
  18. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Yeah, side-on that overhang looks just plain bizarre.

I'm wondering though... has the boat been "officially" launched? There's no press-release on the Wally site, despite having a half-dozen at-speed photos of it. Also, no interior pics at all except a rendering. Also, was this first 67 built for an order, or did Luca Basanni just want another boat to show off his design quirkiness? :D

Attached Files:

19. catmando

catmando Senior Member

The Wally67 is truly a FUGLY boat. :rolleyes:
  20. Garry Hartshorn

Garry Hartshorn Senior Member

What is an attractive yacht

Over the years I have been involved with a couple of yachts that were concidered by popular opinion to be special, but having been to sea on them I have to question the wisdom of those opinions. To me it is not only the exterior apperance from a distance that matters but also the feeling that one has while onboard. I guess it is in the eye of the beholder. I like Wally because they have departed from the norm and I wonder if the beak is to rectifiey an issue with their normal anchoring system, which I could see a few problems with ugly as it is. Bottom line is maybe not as attractive as some of their other boats but maybe a better boat...........................................?