Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for Westport

iPhone-5 Frenzy...

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForums, Oct 4, 2011.

1. sharkbait

sharkbait New Member

We had a choice:
    Apple, Apricot, or Microbee.... (why am i hungry all of a sudden?)
    looking back my pocket calculator has more memory, and a higher processing speed, than any of these "computers" LOL
    when i see todays technology it reminds me of the fossel that i am.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Even my first Mac in 1987 had a spell check...
  3. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

I just returned home from FLIBS to find a note from AT&T informing me I had used my IPhone so enthusiastically last summer that I was being placed on restriction for too much out of network wireless use. (I have an unlimited data plan) Has this happened to anyone else?
    Best,
    Maldwin
  4. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

I had the same issue. Not with an iphone, but with an unlimited dataplan that I've been grandfathered into for about 7 years and refuse to give up. I escalated, and escalated through about 6 managers, and finally got to a VP. I politely asked him to get a dictionary and find the word "unlimited" and asked him to please read me the definition of the word.

The conversation didn't go much further once we came to an agreement that Webster was in fact correct, there is no fine print in my unlimited plan, and the cellular marketplace was highly competitive.
  5. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Right, thanks a LOT Kevin for making me feel real old.....While you were in school playing with Apples, I had a day job selling the Apple to small business in 1981. At night I ran a night club for a friend. I thought the day job would be just a few hours a day so I could get some sales (and $’s to get to Australia), but instead the Apple small business package TOOK off! What a cool system. Instead of a few hours a day it turned into almost full time. Drank an awful lot of coffee at the night club which worked out v good too! The staff thought I was serious so had had no trouble.