Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights

Hurricane Wilma Pictures...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by YachtForums, Oct 27, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Can you believe it!? During one of the the US's worst and wierdest storms, Carl is still there, taking pics and keeping us up date on what is happening!

Thanks Carl for the pics, over here in the UK, i've not seen much of it on the news at all! In fact, this has been my reference to keep up on Wilma's whereabouts! Well done guys!

For some reason I'm reminded of a character from a cartoon i used to watch as a kid... Postman Pat.... one of the women used to say "It'll take more than a drop of rain to stop mee!" Very apt :D:D
  2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Crazyness! :eek: I'll tell ya'... those pics aren't encouraging when I think of what my family's place may look like down there. :(

Any news on your boat yet Carl?
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Boat's are OK!

Good planning and a lot of prayer. ;)
  4. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

Hi Carl,

This is all unbelievable...What's wrong with the world? :confused:

However, the important thing is you're okay! Thank you for let us know your situation!

René
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Good question. It's almost biblical... hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, terrorism, moral decay. Was Nostradamus correct? Is the Bible Code for real?

Sorry, I digress. The mind wanders w/o power. :D
  6. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

I believe Nostradamus was celibate.
    You would have a rather glum outlook on the future if you were under that constraint. :)
  7. Vader

Vader New Member

And people say Balkan is not a safe place to live. Go to sunny Florida, they say. Sure, sure.;) :)
    Allthoug taking some of the pictures wasn't safest and smartest thing to do, great job, Carl.
  8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

The way the weather has been everywhere else lately, I'm pretty much setting myself up for a helluva' winter up here. Parents have a generator and a fireplace... so I'm good to go over there. Anytime there's even a remote chance a of a storm we all fill up all the cars, so aside from the gas in the gen and the garage, we'll have close to 200L available to use as well. I've gotta' say though... the potential is depressing.