Click for YF Listing Service Click for MotorCheck Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Glendinning

Helmsman 43 Pilothouse

Discussion in 'General Trawler Discussion' started by Fletcher500, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Fletcher500

Fletcher500 Member

http://www.helmsmantrawlers.com/43-pilothouse/

As noted in a recent thread, I am considering this boat, new from Taiwan. My background is strictly twin engines, so the single engine boat is a new concept for me.

I don't mind going slow, but I am still hesitant regarding docking, anchoring in tight quarters, etc even though I know folks do it all the time and are proficient at it.

I would order it with the 425 Cummins, and a bow thruster. The thrusters are electric, and I don't believe the option exists to get a hydraulic unit.

The boat and Main broker have a good rep. There is a person in my area with a 38 which I saw awhile back, but no 43's nearby.

Does anyone have information on the yard they are built in?

I know there are alot of multi boat operators on here, so any information about the boat in general is appreciated.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Those persons I know who have had them built have been very pleased with the boat and the entire process. One was a long time Nordhavn owner and is thrilled with his 38 which may be the one you've seen. I haven't seen a 43 myself.
  3. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

These boats look like a continuation of the 37 Mariner and 31 Camano trawlers. Both are popular here on the Chesapeake as there was a local dealer. The addition of a 43' is a good move. They look like nice boats.
  4. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

You would appreciate a bow AND stern thruster set-up with the single screw, Sidepower would be my preference.