Click for Burger Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno

Grebe Yachts of the 50's and 60's

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by donk, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Monah1968

Monah1968 New Member

Is the Loch Lomond now called the "Full Moon"? I see on the Grebe hull # list that Miss Carol Ann was the original name, so probably not the same boat.
  2. donk

donk New Member

Monah,
    My records post 1955-74 , the end of the building era, from the then Vice President, and eventual Owner of the yard are totally correct with hull numbers etc. Prior to 55, have to depend upon .

There is a photo on the industrial history of Grebe in Chicago of the Loch Lomond, listing her as 67' and dated 1947. She was launched according to records we have as a 68' boat of Robert Cameron's original 1941 sketch, in November 1947 as the Loch Lomond, and later lengthened to 70', however she does not appear on the listing of the Shipbuilding history for some reason.

Full Moon hull number 156 according to the records I have seen, was launched in 1948 as a 65', rumored to have a twin vessel hull # 157 built for a Chicago Radio personality John Blair, which may have been the Evelyn J, as the other boats launched that year, 1950 were all shorter, however his wife's name was Dorothy, so....................( much missing on history) Full Moon after a couple of restorations is now at North Cove Marina in New York Harbor. Have some history as we've corresponded with one of the former owners of her as a Charter boat in Boston Harbor.

Hope we've answered your question.
    Blessings,
    Don