Click for Mag Bay Click for Westport Click for Furuno Click for JetForums Click for Abeking

Fresh water pump refit questions and recommendations.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Eddieclemons, Nov 18, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Eddieclemons

Eddieclemons Member

I plan to take some pictures of an possible relocation spot for my purchased 24v HH pump near my accumulator tank in the ER for review. I would definitely say my current pump location under the companion way steps is not really below my tanks. I will say that my sure flows have been solid in the past, but they just started acting up. They have always been loud.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

My experience with Mach 5s has been mostly hit but a few misses too. They work fine installed above the tank but indeed don’t handle any air leaks.
  3. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Yes, and in fact I'll be accessing these tanks to clean and possibly re-coat with potable epoxy as needed, regular maintenance. Pickups access the tank tops, stem to the bottom. I'm also thinking this might be a good time to replace the pickups in full using a bulkhead fitting to seal the penetration.
  4. Lunderic

Lunderic Member

I've never used a HH pump so no comment on that. I've had good luck with shallow well jet pumps. The only issue I've had is when I change the filters and they don't quite seal perfectly. I may be wrong but in second picture it looks like the filter is leaking. Maybe put a new o-ring with some synthetic grease.
    Eddieclemons likes this.
  5. Eddieclemons

Eddieclemons Member

Thanks, I will check the filter sealing.
  6. Eddieclemons

Eddieclemons Member

My current plan is to install new shutoffs, new strainers, then a Tee before the inlet with all of the equipment and hoses nice and low. Outlet will also remain low. All three current checks seen in the photos will be removed. Headhunter has it's own check valve and then I will install a check very close to the outlet of each water tank, port and Starboard. All thoughts, comments, etc. Are welcomed.
  7. Eddieclemons

Eddieclemons Member

Well the HH 24v unit is in, and so far it's amazing. It's very quiet and no surges in flow or temperature in the shower. No noticable difference between a dock line and new pump on the tanks. Heads are next. Thanks for the assistance.

Attached Files:

Capt Ralph likes this.