Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn

"Floridian" (ex-Aussie Rules) Refit Complete!

Discussion in 'Oceanfast Yacht' started by YachtForums, May 27, 2005.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The FLORIDIAN 228' (69m) Oceanfast has finished an extensive six month refit. A helicopter deck was added for the owner's 12 passenger EC155 Eurocopter. The MCA and Lloyd's compliant helipad has the special capability of refueling with Jet A fuel onboard. Below the helipad is a massive aft deck which is perfect for large social gatherings.

"Unique features are the four Quantum Zero Speed Stabilizers and state-of-the-art electronics package with Wi-Fi throughout the yacht via V-Sat." points out IYC's project manager Mike Napoli.

The FLORIDIAN, with a tremendous charter history as the ex Aussie Rules, will be chartering in the Mediterranean this summer for $375,000 per week plus expenses for 12 guests. Amenities include two 22' tenders and a 43' Cabo sport fisherman.

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

A close-up of Floridian's new heli-deck taken last weekend in front of Bahia Mar...

Attached Files:

3. JonS

JonS Senior Member

THis used to be Greg Norman's yacht did it not? (world famous Ausie golfer! ;) )
  4. Motoryacht

Motoryacht Member

It sure was, but he was rarely aboard. Maybe Wayne will use it more often. I remember being astonished at the size of Aussie Rules when it was first launched. It doesn't seem so large with the new crop of yachts out there.

Greg invited us aboard some time ago. We were docked close by. He was a consumate gentleman. His interest have moved away from water and more towards land. He's done quite well with his real estate investments.

I can't say I like the deck extension. It lost some of it's expedition qualities.
  5. JonS

JonS Senior Member

Sure, the deck extension makes it somewhat more 'normal' i really liked the rear shot prior to the revamp.

See here... and here

T'was a beautiful rear shot!
  6. WestAust

WestAust New Member

I agree, the refit has taken away its main purpose of being an expedition yacht.
    It was big news down here when it was bieng built so to see it go that way its is a touch sad.
    Pitty Greg didnt utilise it more.
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I think that in a way it is more of an expedition yacht now. A helicopter is probably of more use than a big sportfish yacht at remote places.
    Anyway, the best is that the red striping is gone.... ;)
  8. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

She looks better than I thought.
  9. MedRascal

MedRascal Senior Member

Cabo tender onboard

I also heard about the new "Floridian" carrying a Cabo 43 Flybridge sportfisherman as a tender... but how does this get hosted onboard? Or is it just (as i presume) a towable or "run beside" tender?

This Cabo 43 is roughly the same size of the old "No Rules" by Garlington....
  10. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave New Member

What does Greg Norman have now? Why did he sell it?
  11. V65

V65 Senior Member

Floridian is up for sale @ Fraser Yachts for a cool $70m:D
  12. dbart9

dbart9 Member

I was wondering the same thing. It seems that those side cranes are useless now. Maybe the helicopter pad should have been put at the front like Pelorus or Carinthia VII?
  13. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

A notification to everyone. "Floridian" (ex. Aussie Rules) has been renamed "Nomad". It now reads Nomad (ex. Floridian, Aussie Rules)
  14. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

From http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/496-post3.html
    I hate to bring up old threads, however, this caught my eye as I was reading. What Kind of refit was this? Never heard of a yacht getting shorter in refit. Or just a typo. I am guessing typo, but for those who may find the information here, it could get confusing for them.

Great site Carl. Still my first stop in the morning. Thanks.
  15. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Good eye Scot! Guess Carl had alot on his mind then!
  16. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

It happens to us all at some point or another.

Gotta cut Carl some slack, as busy as he stays, while still providing us with great content.
  17. YachtForums

And by month's end, I have a new excuse... I'll be 50 years old, so nothing I say from memory can be held against me!

Way back in the dawn of YF time, circa 2002, I was writing code, posting when possible, even had an alias screen name to carry on conversations with myself... hoping someone would sign-up and take me to task. Now, we have 21,000 people ready to rip my head off when I'm rong. :D
  18. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

You're doing a great job. No excuses necessary.

This is the site that made me want to get back to working on the water. I am hoping to be searching for work in Lauderdale, by early fall.
  19. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

I watched the film "Kiss and Kill" with Ashton Kutcher with friends yesterday and recognized that Nomad had a little supporting role in that film!

Like Sunseekers in James Bond films since years.
  20. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I just happened to watch that myself tonight.