Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for Perko

Feadship News

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I can't wait to see but I'm more interested in the 101m heywood. It's interesting to see that she is still sub 3000 gt at 99m.
  2. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

You can get a glimpse of that spectecular yacht on David's website..Feadsip get her out now!! *excited*
  3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

She definitely has to be the successor to the Amels "GU"....The mast is raked the same way and has the Lighting strip running down the aft side of the mast just like on the Amels yacht. She looks to have led strips running along the aft deck overhangs.
  4. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Well spotted Mr. Ron! I am seeing it now as well but is Andrew Winch also the designer of this one? David do you have any information regarding her float-out?
  5. Yacht News

Possibly in 2 weeks...unconfirmed.
  6. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Apparently the F45 with the extended sundeck and chinese client is already floating! I am sorry but that looks terribly... completly throws off the lines of that originally good looking vessel. What do you think about the final result?

Blue Sky - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker
  7. Yacht News

8. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Ughhhhh!!!

Doesn't look right at all.
    Feadship should have extended the stern with 3meters that would have made more sense.
    Now it looks like the yacht is leaning back.......like it is about to tip backwards:eek:

Not something Feadship should be proud of!!
    If I sell something i would stand behind my product.
    Feadship knows that this plane ugly.
    Everyone can see that this is not how the original design was intended.
    They ruined it.
  9. Yacht News

Same thing I said before, but thing is if they lengthened the vessel it wouldn't be an F45 anymore more like an F48 and call it a Limited Edition lol. Seriously, Feadship has to build what the client wants. I'm sure they are not proud of it, but doing that sold another boat!
  10. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Mhm it is still their craftmanship so I am shure they are proud of her even when they personally indentify with other yachts more... However she gave them for many months a job so I would be pretty thankfull for every order in these days...
  11. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

I think the design itself is already a bit dated.
    Looks like a yacht from the nineties.

The fact that feadship already finished the yacht probably means the new owner got it at a good price.........As it was already at it's last phase of the build.
  12. Yacht News

It was already in build...and was sold late in the construction phase. So all they had to so was make the adjustments to the upper decks.
  13. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

I suppose lenghtening the hull would not have been an option, as the boat's tonnage would then go over 500 GT, involving a whole new set of regulations to become applicable.

Allthough I don't particularly like either of them, I prefer the rendering over the finished result. The design became too top-heavy by copying the shape of the aft bridge deck to the sundeck. Perhaps they needed the higher structure for longitudinal strength?
  14. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

It will be fine off in China somewhere... might be a joke elsewhere. I suppose he just killed 10 million off the resale while spending a couple more to add it.
  15. Yacht News

"Venus" apparently is underway currently to Palm Beach, she reportedly left Tenerife on the 15th of Jan.
  16. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

Hopefully the final result will be a competition between China's richest in ordering the largest and most complicated yachts. As we have seen the Russian oligarchs doing.

In the eighties the Japanese rich self made men didn't go for megayachts, but I think very wealthy Chinese are more extrovert and flamboyant than their Japanese counterparts from several decades ago.

So far China's rich seem fond of expensive cars (And limited edition versions) and private jets, but less interested in yachting. But if that's going to change, getting a good market share will be vital for many yards.
  17. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I have heard through a couple of brokers and two Chinese people one of whom is an Investment Banker I know that the elite in China can be extremely challenging to deal with.

Gone are the days of " if it costs the most it must be the best". The HNWI's are becoming a lot more discerning and are also normally surrounded by layer upon later of go betweens and assistants all of which are seeking something for themselves .

There is no doubt that there is an increase in interest in the business from that part if the world . Just how long it takes till they are major players like their Northern Neighbours is anyone's guess.
  18. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

If the Chinesse keep buying yachts like Blue Sky they´ll never get into yachting.
  19. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

I think there is not enough "critical mass" in large yachts in that area of the world. How many large yachts (+ 40 m) are there really in the area spanning east of the Emirates to the west coast of the United States?

It's only when you see large yachts and experience them (through friends/relations) that you will understand the appeal of it and go book a charter.

Feadship sent one F45 over last year and it immediately paid dividend.
  20. DBowman78

DBowman78 Senior Member

In other Feadship news, the NY Post is reporting that the Forbes yacht, "The Highlander" was purchased by the owners of "Audacia". A refit should be complete by May 2013.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.