Click for Nordhavn Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Abeking

Feadship News

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

well i have a mouse that has the center scroll button so you can move either way but I find it a bit cumbersome. I believe it would be so much easier on an Ipad or similad tablet where you just sweep with the movement of a finger.
  2. Yacht News

Okay so the Feadship "Utopia" is in the Netherlands now heading for Feadship's de vries yard for refit. So that definitly answers my question as to why she left the Caribbean so early in January!
  3. Yacht News

Feadship just posted this on their FB page...

Attached Files:

• boy.jpg
      boy.jpg
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
  4. Yacht News

5. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Interior looks very nice,
    but when you look at the first picture of the upper deck, it's still a small landing area for a helicopter with that stairway on the side.
  6. Yacht News

7. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

Its amazing the yacht now somehow looks like it was made for a chinese client.

These tiny patched on helicopter pads are just incredibly dangerous... any tiny thing that goes wrong and you have a big mess... and there is no firefighting team and rescue team standing by.

And it will go wrong... unless you never use it.
  8. Yacht News

Umm, haven't you read the press release?
  9. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

No, YN, I have not read a propaganda release... as they are generally designed to gain free advertising... and lure you in with self promoting dribble.

But I did think, adding that helicopter pad could not really be a real helicopter pad unless it was some micro mini home built crash-0-matic.

And, I just thought stylistically it made the thing look like a Junk... !

As to the F45 Feadship model other than being a little bit of an ugly duckling in exterior look...

The F45 probably has the best plan layout for a yacht its size ever... but it leaves me a bit cold as far as the standard none designer interiors and the cookie cutter exterior style. If you are spending 30 million plus... do you really want an off the rack one size fits all deal.

If Feadship had gone to a defined platform like the F45 with planned in ability to customize the exterior design and have within the layout format custom designer interiors they would have had a real winner. Prebuilt the thing and then add the exterior style features and interior to meet each customer... and really cut lead time and costs. While providing a sound well engineered, proven and reliable basic boat platform.
  10. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

No truer words have ever been spoken. I cringe at some of the flotsam that drifts around the industry.
  11. Yacht News

The F45 "Gladiator" departed the Caribbean late this afternoon traveling along the general path as the CMN "Netanya 8".
  12. Yacht News

I didn't even know that "Northern*Light" was sold and renamed "Mary A" and has a flag blue hull now. I am really behind time as it regards to her.
  13. Yacht News

This "Rasselas" has been just signed signed for sale. She is asking 26-million dollars.

Attached Files:

14. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

YF... is that the 62m Rasselas... wasn't it listed for 57 million dollars last I heard... ???

That is one of the nicer Feadships of recent memory.
  15. Yacht News

No, this is the 52-meter one from 1994. The 2005 -I think- Feadship with the same name is 62-meter.
  16. Yacht News

"April Fool" has been sold after being for sale for a while. Though the exact price is not known she is believed to have been sold for between 50 and 52 million.
  17. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Does anybody know what has become of the Bannenberg designed 46 meter
    De Vries "Highlander". I searched for a thread and couldnt find one. I know that she sold about a year ago(2012) from Bradfords brokerage house to a Lady in New York that had big plans for a very major refit. Also know that RPM either majored or just gave the mains a good going over right after she sold but have lost track since then. any updates would be appreciated.
  18. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I remember seeing that a target price for her was about $42 million but I know the article where you saw this number.
  19. Yacht News

Well...she definitely lost alot of worth in dollars over her time being on the market for sure.
  20. MarcoSolo

MarcoSolo Guest

April Fool was sold at a ridiculous price for a Feadship!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.